Author Topic: 20/02/11 GEM Ferret show. Uckfield  (Read 13646 times)

x-firefly-x

Re: 20/02/11 GEM Ferret show. Uckfield
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
 :laugh:

fiddle

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
hope you have a fab day all xx

Jan

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »

We didn't make it, I wasn't very well  :cry:

I hope you had a fab day.

x-firefly-x

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »
missed you both. Hope you are all feeling better xx

missymo

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »
where are the pics then :laugh:

x-firefly-x

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
Coming within the week Mo, I have to wait for Jane to upload them as I forgot my camera.

I went with Lily, Steve and Lizzie from surrey ferret rescue. We all did some great PR. there was a guy there that fed his ferrets bread and milk (why?!) and wanted to breed his viscious sandy jills (facepalm) between us we gave him some good info on feeding and breeding and convinced him to work with his jills to make them more friendly. He was scared of Callie at first due to his girls being 'viscious' but he was soon smitten with her.
Very proud of my fuzzies. Maisy got 1st place in the any other colour class, Tim got 2nd in poley hobs, Callie got 3rd in sandy jill, Luna got third in bino jill and Luna also got third in special friend. I also won the raffle twice! The best part for me though was to see Ruffian behaving himself and Tumble being bright as a button =)

Trisha, Lesley and Heather also did really well =) It was a lovely show and I really enjoyed meeting people and their ferrets that I hadn't met before from fefo.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:26:19 PM by x-firefly-x »

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »
It's amazing that people still exist who are dumb enough to feed any animal, let alone ferrets, Bread and Milk... No wonder the poor ferrets are biting him, they are slowly starving to death...

I would have thought that if he could find out about a ferret show then he could find out how to feed a ferret properly... >:(

Well done to your fuzzy's on their wins.
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Jan

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »
Woo hooo!! Well done everyone  :ovation:  :ovation:

What a silly man, thank goodness he was there, as hopefully he will take on board what was said and start feeding his

ferrets a proper diet. As for breeding them  :R :R give me strength.

Aww, I would have loved to have met Lily as well, such a shame we couldn't make it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:06:31 PM by Jan »

fiddle

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »
I was gutted I couldnt make it  :cry:
so glad it was a good day (despite the poor illinformed chap and his fuzzys)

x-firefly-x

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 12:46:34 AM »
Don't worry, there's still the cowpie show to come and the surrey county show in May which I am pretty sure we are all planning to attend =)

I have to admit I handed over to Lizzie at the point he told me about feeding them bread and milk as she was more tactful than i would have been! :bite:

Despite being misinformed he was very willing to listen and learn which was great. I think he just popped along to see what the show was all about. He didn't bring any fuzzies and left fairly early. We also got to educate a lot of people about microchipping too as Lily had a microchipping section at the show. All the fuzzies that were microchipped didnt even notice they were too busy licking the 'tone!  :laugh: