Author Topic: Missing you Munchie  (Read 6843 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Missing you Munchie
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:33 AM »
Tonight, Munchie, crossed the bridge.

Munchie came to us several years ago, after we were asked to re-home him from a guy who kept him and his sister Buttons in a pen at the bottom of the garden right in front of his birds of prey.

When they first came here, the slightest movement, and both would scarper and hide under the furniture, and no amount of coaxing would get them out. For the first couple of months, we thought that that would be all we ever saw of them, a quick scurry,and the end of a tail disappearing under a bookcase etc. Luckily, they had no problem integrating into our group of ferrets, and over time the group brought the two of them round. Munchie turned into the most fantastic people ferret, and was always a pleasure to take for walks and do fuzzy PR with. He was the only male ferret who would always have a kiss for me, and loved to make Suz scream by mainly only asking for a kiss from her, just after having eaten a slug in the garden, and having it's remnants spread around his mouth.

Munchie became a leading member of the dynamic trio, with Smartie, and Malteaser, and many of you have over the years enjoyed stories of their (mis)adventures.

Even when the other 2 had departed for the bridge, Munchie stayed a remarkable ferret, still giving kisses and cuddles, and generally loving life. For most of his life, he had a very accusing look he would give, which resulted in him having a "Grumpy" look, so he was nicknamed "Grumpy", with Smartie being "Big Ears", and Malteaser being "Dopey".

He had so many unique characteristics, it will be impossible to mention them all, so I will just say goodbye to my gorgeous little man with a few pictures that will always remind me of his zest for fun and adventure.

Munchie the fearless explorer.

Munchie the kisser

Munchie the cutie.

Munchie the "Walker"

Munchie the washing machine expert

Munchie the innocent.

Munchie the Cute.

and his best of all,
Munchie

:angel1: :adore: :adore: Sweet Dreams Munchie,  :adore: :adore: :angel1:
 :angel1: :adore: :adore: hope you quickly find Teaser and Smartie, and start to make up for lost time,  :adore: :adore: :angel1:
 :angel1: :adore: :adore: although I am not sure the bridge is ready for you 3 to be re-united.  :adore: :adore: :angel1:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:07:36 PM by lazy-ferret »
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

Re: Missing you Munchie
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 02:38:37 AM »
Aww bless, don't get up to too much mischief at the bridge Munchie.

fiddle

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »
Really sad to hear Munchie has passed  :cry:
I hope you are all ok and time heals your hearts  :kiss1:
All of us here will be thinking of you at this sad time.  :fuzzyhug:

Have fun over the bridge Munchie  :kiss1:  :angel1:

Jan

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:15 PM »

Jack and I are very sad to hear you have lost your gorgeous Munchie.  :cry:

I shall miss hearing his stories and seeing his photos, he was such a character.  Here's one to make us smile at this very sad time  http://www.fluffyferretforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=694.msg5898

God bless little Munchie, find Teaser and Smartie over the bridge where you can play forever.  :kiss1: :kiss1: :angel1:

We'll be thinking of you guys, sending love and hugs  :fuzzyhug:  x x x

* lazy-ferret just fixed the link to take it to the beginning.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:44:35 PM by lazy-ferret »

whats that smell?

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:39:11 PM »
So very sorry Clive and Suz xxx

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
Thanks guys, and thanks for posting the link Jan. On the other forum I moderate on, that story was posted back in April 2008, and earned him the nickname "Nibble and Bits", after a pet food they have out in the USA. We have received so many people posting how they are going to miss his stories, it really is heart wrenching to realise how many people in the world had a soft spot for him. :angel1:

Considering all the ferrets we have lost over the years, it never fails to hurt, but some seem to hurt so badly, it seems to go way beyond just grief, Munchie will always be up there in that camp. :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

x-firefly-x

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »
Clive and Suz so sorry to hear about Munchie!

Dook on lad enjoy many more adventures at the bridge  :angel1: xx

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne

• About Us
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 12:50:45 AM »
Thanks for kind replies.

With all the pain of the loss I sat here last night wondering why we put ourselves thorugh it. But I look back on his life with smiles, and what an amazing character he is and know he will always live on, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I miss you Munchie :cry:, you really could read our thoughts  :fuzzyhug:

fuzzynicki

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 04:36:03 PM »
So very sorry for your loss Suz and Clive.  Munchie certainly was a character, and the bridge will be a much livelier place today xx.  It's devastating when they leave us,- but slightly less so when we know they have friends/family waiting for them to join them.  Sweet dreams Munchie and happy hunting at the bridge  :kiss1: :angel1:

I know what you mean Suz,- so much heartache, but  the pure pleasure and joy that our fuzzy families give us I doubt any of us would change a thing xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Weasellady

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
I know I left a message on Mercia, but I feel like I know your fuzzies through the lovely photo's that you post of them, and I have gathered that he was a beautiful boy with his own little character.
I would like to say on here too, how sorry I am for your loss.
Suz you are right when you say that you smile at the memories as they do leave a little bit of themselves in our minds and in our hearts..
He has left you with a wonderful legacy in those memories
Sweet dreams, Little man X X X.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:26:48 PM by Weasellady »

grub+tucker

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:23 PM »
Im sorry to hear your news.
Sleep well Munchie. xxxx

Furbies

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 12:41:08 PM »
Sorry to hear about Munchie, sleep peacefully little fella