Author Topic: 10th/11th September, STARescue Ferret Show - The Flowing Spring, near Reading  (Read 10519 times)

Furbies

This year STA Ferret Rescue are bringing forward the show date to the weekend of 10th/11th of September.

AND we are changing the venue too, the show will be taking place at

The Flowing Spring
Henley Road, Playhatch,Oxfordshire, RG4 9RB

http://www.theflowingspring.co.uk/directions.html

Its got plenty of room for those wanting to camp, and the food, drink and hospitality at the pub is brilliant (the chef/landlady was trained at the Fat Duck and Hinds Head Restaurants, both owned by Heston Blumenthal, so the food is very tasty but reasonably priced).  :Yippee:

All are wellcome to enter ferrets at the show, or simply pop along to see what a ferret show is all about.

The Show takes place on Sunday 11th with camping available to those wanting to make a weekend of it on the Saturday.

For more information on the show visit

http://www.starescue.org.uk/#/starescue-ferret-show/4543786813

fiddle

really wish (sometimes) that I did not live in the sticks  :cry: I do love a good fuzzy get together  :laugh:

zoes_terrible_trio

really wish (sometimes) that I did not live in the sticks  :cry: I do love a good fuzzy get together  :laugh:

Tina you absolutely must go! I'm trekking with my three all the way from Wales...and you're closer!!!  :laugh:

fiddle

:laugh:
I would love to but I also have to keep in mind leaving a 16 year old at home to look after the dog and the other fuzzies.
Not sure my nerves could take that much distance  :laugh:

zoes_terrible_trio

Haha! Are we talking about a 16 year old male or female? This could make all the difference!!  :laugh:

fiddle

female ..... with a boyfriend.......who can drive  :wink3:  :laugh:

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
 :laugh: :laugh: Ah the determination  :laugh: :laugh:

fiddle

:laugh:
A mothers worst nightmare  :laugh:

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
Do you know where he lives,  :wink3: something "temporary" could happen to the car for a day... :laugh: :laugh:

It does sound like a mare, my brothers having similar with his 16 year old son, but as soon as you mention his girlfriend you get the stock answer of "yes bless" :laugh:

zoes_terrible_trio

Do you know where he lives,  :wink3: something "temporary" could happen to the car for a day... :laugh: :laugh:

Personally, I like Don Tina's idea!!! Hehe it could be a fun game of hide & seek....with the car!!! :laugh: :laugh:

fiddle

:laugh:  :laugh:

zoes_terrible_trio

Oh my days! Too much codeine! I do appologise, I meant to write Don Suz!!!! I blame the painkillers!!!  :laugh:

fiddle

lol its k I knew thats what you ment  :laugh:

Furbies

Re: 10th/11th September, STARescue Ferret Show - The Flowing Spring, near Reading
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:50:56 AM »
For those planning to camp on Saturday we are looking to have a fun Quiz Saturday Night.

Foodwise Sunday Nick and Hazel, the Landlords, are planning on a BBQ

Norm and Iris have confirmed they are attending with their Birds of Prey, and all going well we should have a Skunk attending the event too

If you are unable to camp but would like to come on Sunday for the show, registration is between 9 and 11am, so provided you arrive an get booked in before 11 all should be fine.

THIS IS A FUN SHOW, so do come along and enjoy yourselves, afterall whats better than good food, drink, company AND FERRETS

You can see some recent fun we had at the pub here http://theflowingspringpub.co.uk/Issue9.pdf

fluffykelly

Re: 10th/11th September, STARescue Ferret Show - The Flowing Spring, near Reading
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 03:23:17 PM »
Had words with the fuzzies and YES we can go (provided we take some of them along)  :laugh:  :laugh: