Author Topic: My beanie, Ben ....  (Read 7198 times)

Cheeky_Monkey

My beanie, Ben ....
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »
I know I dont type much and am very much a lurker...I can hardly bare to read off other losses due to being emotive, now I understand why... I'm at a loss right now... but 2 hrs ago I had to help Ben along the Rainbow Bridge. On New Years day he collapsed and was taken to the vets and given antibiotics & salline to give him through the course of yesterday, the latter by injection (always wondered what that would be like)... He perked up... I was so happy things were looking possitive. He went for a follow up appointment this morning where the vet noted the difference and managed to pop him, which wasnt too pretty. She suggested monitoring him for the day and me to collect him tomorrow. But she called this afternoon, he had a tumour and there were not much chance of him recouperating from the op... best for Ben was sleep. So I took Zack and Bear to the vets so they would know too.

My poor boy, it's strange but I'd only got him and Zack at the end of October and Bear later in Nov... But they're mine... and I had to let Ben go. I'll never forget him trying to climb up my trouser leg when I first met him, nor him biting the back of my hand when I was scrubbing his poo from the carpet the other week.

I dont know if this is the right place... but I know somewhere there is a list of ferret friendly vets and I dont think the vet I take my boys too are on it, but Wilsons where I am were good when I took them all for check ups and very good with helping me today make the decision with Ben.

Dook on little fella... I'll miss you @}----
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:39:05 PM by Cheeky_Monkey »

grub+tucker

Re: My beanie, Ben ....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:59:36 PM »
Sleep well ben. Xx

dave1600d

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:23:30 PM »
dook on ben..rip fuzzy fella :angel1:

Jan

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
So very sorry to hear your sad news Hazel.

It takes no time at all for the little beasties to steal our hearts.

Dook on little Ben x x   :angel1:

fiddle

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »
So sorry you lost Ben after such a short time with him, it really does not take long for them to meld themselves into our hearts does it.  :adore: Our thoughts are with you at this sad time  :kiss1:
Dook on Ben  :adore:

Furbies

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:31:55 PM »
So sorry to hear your sad news, sleep peacefully Ben

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:46:27 AM »
So sorry for your loss, dook on Ben.

missymo

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
so sorry for your sad loss :cry:its really heartbreaking when they us so suddenly.

Cheeky_Monkey

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »
Thanks for reading, it's good to know I'm not a nut. Zack & Bear seem to be still doing their own thing which is encouraging... my living room is back to being a ferret room lol Wouldnt change them for the world.

rora

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
Blessed Be* Ben

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
Sweet Dreams Ben. :angel1:

The main reason for the Rainbow Bridge pages are just for this sort of thing. Only other Ferret owners can totally understand how a Ferret can steal your heart, and in just a very short time. Sorry you have had not only lost a ferrets so soon, but had to make such a hard decision of having to have one put to sleep as well.

We do not currently have a list of Ferret Friendly Vets, but I think it would be a good thing to start to get set up this year. I will set a thread up on it later. Thanks.
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

x-firefly-x

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »
Sorry to hear this Hazel *big hugs*. Dook on Ben, go and make friends at the bridge xx

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, it doesn't seem to matter how long they are about, they always leave paw prints on the heart.

Sweet Dreams Ben  :adore: :angel1:

fuzzynicki

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
So sorry for your loss  :cry:   Sweet dreams Ben,- happy hunting at the bridge xxxx :angel1:

Rfloydian

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
Sweet Dreams Ben  :angel1: