Author Topic: My sweet sweet sausage Louis  (Read 2658 times)

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

My sweet sweet sausage Louis
« on: December 13, 2020, 01:09:02 PM »
Such a shock to find you permanently asleep this morning, wow I had lost count of how many times I held my breath checking on you each day to see that sleepy face pop up in the blankets and breath a sigh of relief as you grumbled at me for waking you.

You made me work so hard for any scrap of affection, I knew from day one you were a special little chap, so distrusting of humans but never once bit in anger, nibbled a few times but never bit. How you kept me on my toes up one moment down the next. This time last year battling to save you from the flu you caught while having x-rays and blood tests that sadly stole your buddy Buck from you. I thought I was going to loose you then but Squishy took over being your pal, he is also so lost this morning, Raven has lain in the kitchen moaning, she knows you have gone, your passing has deeply affected us all.

You were a very special ferret that will forever remain in my heart, I am so glad it was peaceful and you just left in your sleep, well fed and toasty warm. I guess it was just your time, after all the illness, weight loss and everything else you battled to over come took its toll on your old body.

Sleep tight my special man, my sausage.
100_0573 by Lesley Duggan, on Flickr

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: My sweet sweet sausage Louis
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 09:45:20 PM »
 :fuzzyhug: Leslie :fuzzyhug:

When you have to leave this world, I think curled up in a nice warm bed, surrounded by friends, food, and drink, knowing you are loved, has to be the best way possible. He had it all.

Sweet Dreams Louis, have a ball at the bridge reunited with Buck  :adore: :angel1:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:48:17 PM »
Oh Leslie, I'm so sorry I missed this earlier.  :fuzzyhug:

Greatly loved, warm with a full belly, and just "falling asleep" has to be the way to go.  :angel1:

You've added another paw print to Stars heart, have a ball while waiting up there at Rainbow Bridge. :cry: :angel1:

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 07:06:13 PM »
Thank you both  :fuzzyhug: I last saw him about 10.30pm tucking into mince, he must have gone to bed with the others and just slipped away, he was still toasty warm from the heat of the others when I found him. Although I am really sad he has gone, it is a relief with all his problems that he went so peacefully, so counting that as a blessing.