Author Topic: Rosie  (Read 3193 times)

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

Rosie
« on: May 23, 2020, 01:32:41 PM »
Well my little monster, what a light you brought to my life. So many homes and rescue centres before you ended up with me. Marked as a bitey ferret, not sociable with other ferrets, but with me you were a kissy monster and welcomed every newcomer with open paws. You may have been tiny but you never took any nonsense off anyone and kept a well organised and obedient little family mothering everyone.

You seemed to be doing fine with this leg injury, but my darn gut telling me something else was wrong, but you showed no signs. Not even the vets had a clue something else was wrong.

I loved our cuddles last night when I gave you your mince, you seemed so cheerful lapping up your metacam, but you gave me such a look I thought you were warning me. The sudden chest pains when I went to bed landed me in hospital, I am sure you knew something was wrong, that was why you gave me that look I have seen you give the others so many times when they are playing up. My brave little girl hanging on until I got back home just so you could go knowing I was OK and to let me say goodbye as you took you last breath.

Run free my little star

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
Re: Rosie
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »
Aw Lesley, you need something a bit more than hugs for this one. Literally heart breaking, my heart goes out to you and Raven.  :cry: :fuzzyhug:

Sweet Dreams Rosie, you have a great team waiting for you, and the most amazing loved life here. :angel1:

Star health wise how are you feeling, was the hospital helpful?

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:05:15 PM »
The 111 service, the paramedics and the hospital were fantastic, As you know I suffer with anxiety and all the symptoms I was getting pointed to pericarditis. Hubby checked the NHS website for the symptoms I was having and to be honest I was terrified. We called 111 and they came to the same conclusion from my list of symptoms and sent the ambulance. Although my heart rate was different in both arms (although not overly worrying) it was normal. I still ended up in hospital for x-rays, blood and urine tests. Going to hospital now is terrifying, I had to go alone leaving hubby and the kids. Thankfully the paramedics were great dealing with my anxiety, they made sure the hospital was fully aware and they got me in a private cubical where I had one nurse (Cyril, he was lovely) and just one doctor and she relayed information to the head doctor so I did not have to keep seeing lots of people.

It turns out I have a pulsating muscle under a rib on my left, which goes nuts when I lie down or breath in too deep or relax too much,  giving the same symptoms of the more serious condition. This has been brought on (they think) by the arthritic pain I have been suffering for a couple of weeks. The odd thing was my blood test showing markers for a virus I was recovering from. What, they did not say, but I have not been poorly since before Christmas which has us again wondering if the flu we had before Christmas was this virus.

I am absolutely devastated about Rosie, I feel guilty now for not speaking up, but a gut feeling with no symptoms is hard to persuade a vet to take seriously. I also feel guilty about showering and going straight to bed when I got home, but I had been given some wonderful painkillers and had not been asleep. I slept for two hours and woke with a start again my gut telling me to check on Rosie and that is when I found her lying on her side just about breathing. I kissed her head, told her I was OK as I stroked her and said she could go now and one last breath and she went.

Raven was a star, although she terrified the paramedics to start with (they were wearing masks, something she has no experienced so she told them with a volly of woofs), they allowed her to come back in to comfort me, because of social distancing hubby had to stay in the kitchen. She gave them and their equipment a good sniff then decided they were her new best mates and went all loopy and rolled over for a belly rub. However getting her to not climb in the ambulance with us was another matter, she howled, cried and paced the house for the 5 hours I was gone, but so did hubby.

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 04:39:30 PM »
Sorry Leslie, I guess the best consolation is you got to say good bye. It does help, when you look back. :fuzzyhug:

This Covid Virus has a huge amount to answer for, and I fear for a while to come still, so you have to take that into account when you are putting your thoughts straight in your mind.

Glad to hear your hospital visit turned out OK, that sort of anxiety is not what you need at the moment.

Sweet Dreams Rosie, have a ball waiting at the bridge.  :angel1: :cry:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »
Thanks Clive, I am grateful I did get to say goodbye and be there with her.

Offline Lee

• Ferrets always put a smile on your face 😀
  • Fluffy Member
  • Adult Ferret
    • First name: Lee

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 07:44:30 PM »
So sorry for you loss and also what happened to you. 
Having ferrets in your life makes you want more ferrets 😉

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »
Thanks Lee  :fuzzyhug: