Author Topic: Poppet, Poppsickle  (Read 4380 times)

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
Poppet, Poppsickle
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:33:32 PM »
In a terrible accident that I won’t go into on here, I find myself writing about Poppet and I don’t know where to start.

She changed my life from the moment she was placed into Clive’s arms while we were away having just experienced the loss of Aero.

I say placed it was more the chap tipped her out of her carrier and she just looked up and Clive and cuddled in. She got on with the others and then in true ferret way it didn’t last, so we found ourselves with Poppet and the selfish side of me fancied her as a take everywhere only ferret, however it didn’t take me long to see she needed a sparring partner and so we found ourselves off to the rescue where she was greeted with a team of miscreants and she chose Topic a white albino. Soon after the arrival of Topic we were gifted Bourneville, and Flyte was here before them all and voila we had our morning greeting motley crew.

A lot of mornings we would be greeted with an amble across the bed to try and wake us up, and then while we were getting up shooting up and down the hallway hiding behind the bathroom door and leaping out at us, managing to make us laugh before the first cup of tea.

She would demand some sips of our bedtime drink preferably both at bedtime and then in the morning.

Morning, noon or night, if you happened to be wearing socks she would get your attention by just wrapping her mouth around it to let you know she is there, but well it would be a bit harder if she was playing. But she never bit, she didn’t know how to, but she liked to practice but in reality, this was nothing more than play. However, if you had bare feet you were totally safe, my theory on this is because when we got her we were away in the summer and barefooted a lot.

She used stealth mode to get up on the kitchen surface where we keep their treat tin, where either Clive or I would have left her a treat out of course, and she liked to help herself to our jug of water kept by the kettle.

When we opened the backdoor she would belt out and make the most of the damp grass before playing and exploring, recently most days I would pop out and ruff and tumble with her just for a few minutes until she got distracted by Topic.

You changed my life girl, I love you and no matter what you will be with me each day travelling this journey together.

While I appreciate accidents happen, it turns my stomach and hurts in so many ways this is my fault and I’m not sure if I’m ever going to come to terms with that. I’m privileged for the time we have together and never took it for granted a single moment, she could be as mischievous as she wanted as she knew I would stand up for her.

We’ll update this with some of the many photo’s of our black eyed Poppsickle.

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

Re: Poppet, Poppsickle
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:39:47 PM »
Oh guys  :fuzzyhug: Poppet was such an adorable little thing. So sorry for your loss  :cry:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 11:15:26 PM »
I have no idea how to write this, it's still not really sunk in that she is gone, I keep expecting her to bounce up to me and demand I play with her, or to hear that familur sound of the bins opening, and things moving around on the surface as she helps herself to treats.

Poppet was totally unique, and special way beyond any written words... She pulled "cute" off better than any animal I have ever met, and her name really was perfect for her, she was a Poppet through and through.

From the day she arrived, she was a real cuddly bundle of joy, climbing into our arms, and cuddling right in to our chest, like she needed to feel and be at one with our heart beat. She turned up at the most opportune times, always ready to give a cuddle when you were feeling down, or unwell, or "just because".

Don't let this fool you though, she was also a monster often getting up to no-good, and then relying on her cute face, and a kiss to get her out of any trouble. She was a demon when you had socks on, attacking your feet mercilessly, enjoying making you dance, then when you could take it no longer, and picked her up to stop it, she would cuddle in, like that had been her intention all along.

She was so much a part of our lives, always there, racing us up and down the stairs, or bouncing across the bed when the alarm went off, or for that matter any time a phone made a noise while we were in bed. Before we could go to sleep, she had to have a drink of our bed time drinks, then some ferretone, before going off to find a place to sleep.

In the morning, she had to have another drink of what was left of our bed time drinks, and woah betide if you had drunk it all... once that was out the way, she would inspect, and attack every item of clothing as we tried to put it on.

Once we were dressed she would either get a lift downstairs, while having another drink of what little was left of the bedtime drink, or more often race us down the stairs, belting behind the front door curtain, and then attacking that as we pulled it open. After the curtain was thoroughly beaten up, she would run to the back door, and demand to be let out into the run, then once in the run she would run backwards mouth open wide all over the place, threatening to attack us, while we opened the door out into the garden.

Once in the garden, she would invite (demand) you to play for a few mins, until the other ferrets had woken up enough to take over.

From then on, she would power nap until you were next within range, where she would demand cuddles, or treats, even being the only ferret that could get up onto the surface and get her own treats if we were running too slow for her liking.

She loved the caravan, and I think she saw that as her home, and the house as the place she went on holiday. She walked on a lead, but would often come up and give you a cuddle, before getting down again, She loved the spoils of days out, being a connoisseur of cream, and well rehearsed in the best spot to get it.

This is the video:- Playing with the wind chime

She was so tiny, she could get into places the other ferrets could only dream about..

This was the last picture I just happened to post on Twitter of her, the night before she died, and I think this really is how I will remember "Poppet". :adore: :adore:

Sweet dreams Poppet. :cry: :cry:

Can I ask just one more thing, please go and find Aero for me, and thank him from the bottom of my heart with one of your amazing cuddles, for sending you to us in the first place. He set a very high bar for you to live up to, but I can honestly say you made it with style.

I can't even start to tell you how much I am going to miss you, between you and Aero, you have taken a huge part of my heart with you to the rainbow bridge.

:angel1: :adore: Poppet  :adore: :angel1:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:51:47 PM by lazy-ferret »
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 07:16:12 PM »
Oh no not Poppet  :cry: I'm so sorry guys, she was such a lovely little thing and looks like she was overflowing with character and little quirky ways.

It sounds like she passed away completely unexpectedly and I understand how it feels to blame yourself for a fuzzie death, still not over the fact that Tank managed to get hold of an Ibuprofen on my watch.  The only thing that helps is remembering how much of an amazing life they have had.  All our ferrets are the lucky ones and are so absolutely loved by us and spoilt rotten that even if they are taken away from us suddenly you know that they have had the absolute best of lives possible.  She sounds like she was incredibly special and wouldn't want you to feel sad or guilty, I'm sure she'd try and steal a sock off you for even thinking about being sad.

Hugs to you both  :fuzzyhug:

DIP Poppet you gorgeous girl x

:angel1:
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:29:27 AM »
Thank you so much Mel, at the moment we are very raw, it's so hard to even come on here as the first thing we see is her post.

She was so much part of our daily lives everything we do just keeps reminding us of her.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site