Author Topic: Princess Lizzie <3  (Read 4040 times)

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

Princess Lizzie <3
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:46:26 PM »

Today, after spoiling her rotten with all her favourite foods and treats, we said goodbye to our eldest ferret, Princess Lizzie. 

We got Lizzie back in 2012 from Harrietsham Ferret Rescue when we were looking for a companion to my first ferret, Fuz, who had unexpectedly lost her friend (back in the day when we only have 1 or 2 ferrets at a time!) We went up there and Roy suggested this little, excitable poley girl called Lizzie.  We fell in love with her and most importantly so did Fuz so home with us she came.  We all guessed her age to be about 2 when we adopted her. 

We soon found out that she would be princess by name and princess by nature.  Three things about Lizzie: 

* She always knew how to get her way and was in complete control of our groups' sleeping arrangements

*She had a huuuuge rubber fetish and would steal anything from my stethoscope and fob watch cases to remote controls and shoe bottoms.

Lizzie with one of the rubber Wii controllers

*She was queen of the ear licks and would mother everyone, even if they were 4 x the size of her.

Drill getting a good ear-licking when he was a baby

Lizzie used to come to the Kent Ferret Club PR events which she always seemed to enjoy.  She was pretty and she knew it, lapping up the attention she got from everyone.  She even got a rosette for her prettiness <3

Lizzie enjoying the attention at a PR event

Lizzie was Christian's 'first' ferret and they had an amazing bond together.  Without Lizzie, he wouldn't have seen how amazing ferrets are as pets and we probably wouldn't have had half of the ferrets we got later because of him being won over.  Since we got her she allowed a huge amount of different fuzzies into her home (and it was definitely hers, she ruled the roost): Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Dust, Apollo, Zeph, Hjuki, Romeo, Jack, Sparks, Alaska and Roo.

Their special bond

There are always some ferrets which completely capture your heart and Lizzie was one of those.  Even though she went from being a dark poley to grey all over in her 8 or so years, she never lost her sparkle and her legacy will live on in all the other rescues we now have.

Good night Princess Lizzie, you were truly loved.

Forever loved

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:56:58 PM by darkqueenenlightened »
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Princess Lizzie &lt;3
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:50:05 PM »
So sorry you two, but what a lovely memorial to her. Sweet Dreams Princess Lizzie.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne

• About Us
Re: Princess Lizzie <3
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »
What an lovely tribute.

But I'm so sorry, it's so hard hugs to you both  :angel1: