Author Topic: Princess Millie Moo Moo  (Read 5466 times)

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

Princess Millie Moo Moo
« on: April 14, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »
My little fighter, my star, my shining light, my joy passed peacefully in my arms today.

Funny how so many times I so nearly lost you in a short time together. Rescued from a filthy bare hutch, green water and no food curled up with your brother clinging to life, you ended up with me. Oh how you loved having paper to play in..

Skinny, no hair on your tail, but you was not going to let that stop you playing

Sadly after only being with us overnight, you had to be rushed to the vets the following morning, you were so weak and sick I thought I would loose you that day. However you fought hard, took you medicine so beautifully and covered me in your sweet kisses dooking constantly. You knew then how much I loved you my princess.

Soon you were back to health and up for mischief at any opportunity..

Ferret in a bucket..

Boing nearly got you

Got you..

We had so much fun together, no matter how down I got, you made everything ok again. You had only been well a few months when you started to loose your hair.. The dreaded AD

But you were not going to let that stop you, oh how you loved being had fed and spoiled with your warm jacket. Once chipped you fort back hard and got better.

Loving time in the sun

Keeping a watchful eye on your small pet human so he didn't wake your brother..

Even with you never being in the best of health, you always doted over your barmy brother, when he sadly passed I thought we were going to loose you also, but your strength kept you going, with the help of the crazy crew, particularly Buck, who you loved to roll over.

Struck down again with a chest infection, but you (I thought) beat that, the medication seemed to be working you were comfortable, if not a little wobbly on you old legs.

I did wonder what on earth you were upto last night, when you insisted on getting out of your hutch when I cleaned your litter tray, beatled across the kitchen floor and out the door. I followed you wondering what on earth you were doing but down the hallway you went, through the living room and out into the conservatory. I thought you just wanted a wander, I should have guessed something was up the way you went to Eddie, Raffy and Fizzgig's hutch and dragged your claws down the wire to wake them up. All three came nose to nose with you. Next you did the same at the crazy's hutch, even Louis came down to see you, once you touched noses with everyone you came back to me to be carried back. Little did I know you were saying goodbye to everyone.

Still you ate your porridge this morning, licking lips and making me wipe your face after - cheeky moo. However you just wanted cuddles scratching at the door to get into my arms, you knew that was where you wanted to be and that was where you suddenly took your last breath.

Sleep peacefully my beautiful Princess xxx love you always xx

Offline Lee

• Ferrets always put a smile on your face 😀
  • Fluffy Member
  • Adult Ferret
    • First name: Lee

Re: Princess Millie Moo Moo
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »
So sorry for your loss star.  Lovely pictures and little story. 
 DIP Millie  :angel1:
Having ferrets in your life makes you want more ferrets 😉

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 08:32:00 PM »
So sorry. We are having a hard time here as well, I will post up more when I am able to give it the time and thought it needs.

Sweet Dreams Milli,  glad you had a nice home to live your life out, you now have someone worthy to wait for at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

angschaaf1961

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »
My little fighter, my star, my shining light, my joy passed peacefully in my arms today.

Funny how so many times I so nearly lost you in a short time together. Rescued from a filthy bare hutch, green water and no food curled up with your brother clinging to life, you ended up with me. Oh how you loved having paper to play in..

Skinny, no hair on your tail, but you was not going to let that stop you playing

Sadly after only being with us overnight, you had to be rushed to the vets the following morning, you were so weak and sick I thought I would loose you that day. However you fought hard, took you medicine so beautifully and covered me in your sweet kisses dooking constantly. You knew then how much I loved you my princess.

Soon you were back to health and up for mischief at any opportunity..

Ferret in a bucket..

Boing nearly got you

Got you..

We had so much fun together, no matter how down I got, you made everything ok again. You had only been well a few months when you started to loose your hair.. The dreaded AD

But you were not going to let that stop you, oh how you loved being had fed and spoiled with your warm jacket. Once chipped you fort back hard and got better.

Loving time in the sun

Keeping a watchful eye on your small pet human so he didn't wake your brother..

Even with you never being in the best of health, you always doted over your barmy brother, when he sadly passed I thought we were going to loose you also, but your strength kept you going, with the help of the crazy crew, particularly Buck, who you loved to roll over.

Struck down again with a chest infection, but you (I thought) beat that, the medication seemed to be working you were comfortable, if not a little wobbly on you old legs.

I did wonder what on earth you were upto last night, when you insisted on getting out of your hutch when I cleaned your litter tray, beatled across the kitchen floor and out the door. I followed you wondering what on earth you were doing but down the hallway you went, through the living room and out into the conservatory. I thought you just wanted a wander, I should have guessed something was up the way you went to Eddie, Raffy and Fizzgig's hutch and dragged your claws down the wire to wake them up. All three came nose to nose with you. Next you did the same at the crazy's hutch, even Louis came down to see you, once you touched noses with everyone you came back to me to be carried back. Little did I know you were saying goodbye to everyone.

Still you ate your porridge this morning, licking lips and making me wipe your face after - cheeky moo. However you just wanted cuddles scratching at the door to get into my arms, you knew that was where you wanted to be and that was where you suddenly took your last breath.

Sleep peacefully my beautiful Princess xxx love you always xx
Soooo sorry for your loss

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
Thank you everyone xxx It was so quick, I am still in shock. Coming down to an empty hutch this morning is just awful. I have to remember I did give her an extra 2 years of love.

Clive, I am guessing Megan  :cry:  :fuzzyhug:

angschaaf1961

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 10:25:10 PM »
Your Princess Millie Moo Moo looks like my little  Sunshine. I am so sorry for  your loss,Star.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:29 PM »
Star, so sorry and big hugs.  :cry:

Sorry for not responding sooner but as Clive eluded to we have also had a shock, so reading your post was through tears.