Author Topic: Miss you like crazy Chumley  (Read 4619 times)

fiddle

Miss you like crazy Chumley
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:54:28 AM »
Been a totally pants week here. After loosing Fable on Monday I woke on Tuesday to find Wink with a face like a balloon on Tuesday so off to the vets. He had an injection of antibiotics then had to come back next day for a tooth out! All his teefies lovely and shiny bar 1 nasty one at the back! Typical.
Occupied myself all Wednesday waiting till I'm allowed to call at 2pm and was told all good and happy for me to collect after 3. So off I poodled for the 45 Min drive to collect him and got there 3.01 ( well it was technically after 3!)
Drove back and started the clean out of the indoor lot. Put them in the pop up so I didn't get them climbing onto my head and that's when I heard it  :cry:
Chumley, who has adrenal and secondary tumours was trying to go to the toilet and crying. He was fine in every other way but looked like the cancer had affected his bowl so it was time.  So I made the call to my nearer vets and off we went, took me a while to get there as I was a mess before I even arrived. I was and still not ready! But he was and I could not have him in pain. The vet was wonderful and he had all the oil he wanted and didn't complain at all and she left me so he could fall asleep in my arms.
He was the biggest character, the first night he was here ( and the 2 nights that followed) he broke out of his cage 4 am and came scratching at my bedroom door wanting to play. Chased him around for 20 mins and put him back to bed. I was instantly in love! He was so soft and cuddly and would always seek you out to play so human orientated. He was not fond of adult ferrets but loved the swimmer kits
Miss you so much Sgt mjr Chumley will miss you forever xxx

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Miss you like crazy Chumley
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:52:27 AM »
So sorry Tina, that's the worst vet trip any ferret owner can ever make. Let's hope this is the last one for a while.

Sweet Dreams Chumley, have a ball playing at the bridge.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »
Oh Tina  :fuzzyhug:, Having just lost two in a week I can understand what you must be feeling. Take comfort in you did the right thing, it is what I am trying to do.

DIP Chumley xx

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »
So sorry Tina, so hard but the kindest thing you could do.

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 03:01:05 PM »
Aw Tina and Andy vast hugs  :fuzzyhug: 2 in one week is not bearable.

You were very loved Chumley, you couldn't have had a better home.  Sweet dreams little one  :angel1: :cry: