Author Topic: Miss You Shiloh  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Vicki-Ann

• Fluffy Member
  • Weaned Kit
    • First name: Vicki-Ann

• Mischief Maker Ferrets
Miss You Shiloh
« on: March 05, 2017, 12:50:00 AM »
Last night I said goodbye to a dog who has had a huge impact on my life. Before Shiloh I had this crazy idea that dogs were what you made them, that they were totally mouldable into the perfect pooch.
Shiloh was my education, and I adored him no matter how hard it was sometimes.

Shiloh came into my life on a very snowy December day back in 2009. He was a little whirlwind, and he was the dog I needed.
He is full brother to my girl, Skye, and he was Skye's saviour. Before Shiloh, she would refuse to eat and was incredibly anxious. Shiloh made her, from the night he came home she never looked back.

He taught me so much about dogs, about 'owning' dogs and about trust. Before Shiloh I had no idea about dog behaviour, about confidence building and about anything really ... although I thought I did.

I owe so much to this special spirit. He was hugely misunderstood by many, but he was my little man and we would never have given up on each other.

I was told he was dangerous by a few professionals when he was not even a year old. I spent months and years working with him on his anxiety around people and other dogs. We worked it out. He became my special golden boy. He trusted me to the ends of the earth and I trusted him. He went from being a nervous wreck who had to be muzzled in public and mostly on lead to being a dog who knew how to cope with his anxieties and trusted me enough that when a situation was a little scary we didn't need a lead, he would heel when asked regardless of what was around, would look at me those beautiful eyes and he knew I would protect him. We were a h*ll of a team and I have nothing but overwhelming pride in what he achieved and became and how much he trusted me. I loved him to death.

Shiloh, you will always be in my heart, I will never ever forget you, and every day I'll miss you. Even though you drove me crackers with constantly escaping your pen and meeting me on the drive with a goofy grin. You drove everyone crackers with your 'happy bark' on our peaceful countryside walks and your morning chorus with your sister ... but I will always love you and always be proud of the dog you were.

Troy and Skye miss you terribly. Go and join your dad at the bridge my handsome man, and wait for us all.

Rest in peace my darling. It's not fair, it's too soon, but thank you for the time we had.
I miss you so much.

Shiloh

12th October 2009 - 2nd March 2017

Online girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
Re: Miss You Shiloh
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:09:44 AM »
I am so glad you and Shiloh found each other, what an amazing time you had together - kindred spirits.

They are beautiful photo’s, you can see the mischief there in Shiloh’s eyes.

Sweet dreams special Shiloh, and hugs Vicki.

Offline star

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Lesley

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:39:42 AM »
Beautiful boy! so sorry for your loss Vicki xxx

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 03:43:26 PM »
So sorry Vicki.

A short but full life made of the best memories. I hope his Sister is coping.

Sweet Dreams Shiloh.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site