Author Topic: Rufus my little man  (Read 4153 times)

monkeybob

Rufus my little man
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:25:59 PM »
Had to help Rufus pass today. Toughest thing I've ever had to do. He was so ill this morning it was the right Decision. I didn't want him to suffer any longer. His lymphoma had spread to his abdomen and he wasn't having a good time bless him. We both tried our hardest to fight this horrible thing but in the end we had to say goodbye.
He was my baby boy, such a wild force of nature, so loveable with a very Miscnhievious streak. The cutest furbert I've ever seen and just a fantastic little guy. Gonna miss him so much as will his brother Huxley and his best pal Wembley!

Just realised that's him in my sig pic on the right with his bro aged 12 weeks. Seems like yesterday but was three and a half years ago. Taken far too soon :(
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:34:05 PM by monkeybob »

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Rufus my little man
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:19:28 AM »
So sorry Paul,  :fuzzyhug: is that the first one you have lost?

Not sure why I am asking really, as it never gets any easier, but for some reason with the first one, you seem to spend as much time beating yourself up over how upset you are, and how much you miss them, as you do feeling terrible that you have lost them. Nothing in the world could have prepared me for how empty I would feel after loosing a ferret.

They have personalities that seem so much larger than you would ever think possible to fit in such a small package, especially when there is so much mischief and love stuffed in there as well. :adore:

Sweet Dreams little Rufus, have a ball at the bridge. :angel1:

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

monkeybob

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 05:42:02 AM »
I lost my little girl Mokey a few months back but Rufus was the first I've had to help pass.
It isn't easy that's for sure!

Ninjagoth

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
DIP Rufus

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 01:55:04 PM »
He was one lucky boy, having an owner that loved him so much and was prepared to take that heartbreaking decision at the end. DIP Rufus x
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 06:14:40 PM »
Dook on Rufus.