Author Topic: Our gorgeous little Fidget  (Read 3392 times)

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

Our gorgeous little Fidget
« on: October 18, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »
Yesterday we lost our beautiful little Fidget. I was too raw to write this then but I hope this shows what a funny little furbaby she was.

Fidget came to us with her sister Tali in 2012 from the Harrietsham rescue, not long after Christian and I got married.

From the start she was a character and would often be found upside down or up to something.

She always had a squint in one eye, giving her a comical look. Never the brightest tool in the shed, but always a lot of fun. Every time you put your hand down to stroke her she would roll over onto her back and do sausage rolls all over the place then have a good lick and nibble or your fingers.

Of course all this was very tiring...

She absolutely loved a good scratch behind the ears when she was sleepy -

She was never a 'walker' on the lead but always enjoyed having a sniff around outside and she could have dug a tunnel to Australia single pawed if she had been allowed.

She had all the other furbabies wrapped round her paws and was always picked first to play:

Fidget was the best PR ferret, so gentle and calm and cuddly. Unforunately she developed insulinoma just a few weeks after her sister passed away from it. Luckily she loved taking her medicine, especially as we disguised it in some ferret oil but in her last day or two she started refusing it and wasn't interested in food, and she was a fuzzy that loved her food. She was telling us enough was enough so we took her for one final trip to the vets and she fell asleep wrapped in her favourite blanket in mine and Christian's arms.

I'll miss you beautiful girl  :cry:  Dook on in peace xx

Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Online lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Our gorgeous little Fidget
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 03:42:12 PM »
So sorry Mel and Christian. She looked adorable and had the best last few years of her life any ferret could ask for.

That was a sad but lovely desciption of her life.

sent from my phone, sorry for any typo's.

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

Re: Our gorgeous little Fidget
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »
Aww she was lovely, DIP little girl