Author Topic: Another Holiday, another ferret... RIP Curly  (Read 3621 times)

Online lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Another Holiday, another ferret... RIP Curly
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »
Curly and his brother Wurly came to us in 2010, from a person who got them, and then had to admit he did not realise just how much work ferrets could be. Once here, they soon became known as the "Bad Boys", as they were more than your "Normal" ferret handful.

Curly was usually knows as "Cute Bad Boy" though, as while he was a monster, he was nowhere near as bad as his brother. The problem was, when they first arrived, they were nearly impossible to tell apart.

His life was very nearly cut short a few years ago, when we were replacing the pond, and he gave me the scare of my life. Basically, unbeknown to us, he got into the hole, as we lowered the plastic liner into place, and when the pond was not sitting level, I climbed in, and walked around to try and work out where the high point was. I actually walked right over him several times, and as anyone who knows me will attest, I am no light weight. When we finally lifted the pond out, to see what was causing the lump, I was mortified to see a very flattened Curly pressed into the sand we had laid under the pond. Amazingly, somehow, while bruised, he turned out to be fine, and even forgave me for trying to kill him... It did not stop him continuing to dig under the pond at any opportunity though.

Just over a year ago, while on Holiday, he took a bad turn, and was diagnosed with Insulinoma. His Insulinoma was different to the ones we had seen before, in instead of crashing before food, he crashed after he had eaten, which confused us to start with, but luckily we got him to the vets in time, and he started getting Steroids twice a day. In the past we have only had ferrets with insulinoma live for about 6 months or so, before either dying, or needing to be put to sleep, but Curly kept going. He gave us several scares, and to be honest, for the last 4 or so months, we have always opened his cage with trepidation, wondering if he will still be with us.

Curly with his friend, Twix

We have had a bit of a hard time, loosing ferrets this year, 5 in total, and 3 of those have died while away in the caravan, and while his death was not totally unexpected, he did not actually seem as bad as we had seen him in the past, so still caught us by surprise.

:angel1: :adore: Sweet Dreams Curly :adore: :angel1:
You were a very strong character, and are now back with your brother, able to raise hell at the bridge, and meet back up with Aero, Twix, Munchie, Bounty and Twirl. :cry:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel

Re: Another Holiday, another ferret... RIP Curly
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Aww DIP Curly xx
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

fiddle

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »
 :cry:  So sorry guys, to many crossing the bridge. I've lost 4 myself, will do a goodbye when my head straightens out ( if it ever does)
Dook on happy over that bridge cute bad boy, go reek havoc again with your bro xx

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne

• About Us
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
Sweet dreams bad boy :angel1: :angel1: You caught us by surprise leaving. But I'm also glad you are with your brother Wurly, Aero, Twix and Bounty. You really did kick up a storm here it was enough to make me think yikes you are a handful, but beautiful with it :bite: :adore: :kiss1: