Author Topic: Cages for sale.  (Read 5495 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Cages for sale.
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:43:39 PM »
Liberta Explorer cage, we used it for our boarders.

Corner of top tray has been repaired, otherwise in great condition.

Currently has clear plastic round the lower level to stop other groups of ferrets terrorising the occupants, but this can be easily removed if you do not want it.

£100.
this is a picture without the extra plastic. (litter trays and feeders etc, not included, but the basic shelf tray covers are)

Small pet carrier, perfect for ferrets, has top and front opening, as new. £5

More to be added as I sort them out.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:55:18 PM by lazy-ferret »
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Cages for sale.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »
Fold up show/camping cage...

This was built for our old caravan, and made so that it fitted onto one of the rear seats, with the cushion removed.

It folds flat for both storage, and to make it able to fit through the narrow caravan door, ánd re-assembles by slotting together with no need for any extra screws or catches.

It would make an ideal cage for shows, or camping.

There are plenty of loops in the top to fix a hammock to, a part shelf, which has a lip, so you can put bedding on it, and it won't slip off into the litter. We used a high back litter tray, which passes in and out through the doors with ease, making cleaning out a doddle, we did it twice a day, with a quick wipe over of the base which is covered in Marley floor tiles, with a wet wipe, and it's was all fresh and smell free.

There are also 2 small 12v lights, controlled by a switch on the top, which I fitted to make it easier to see, when cleaning it out in the caravan.

20" (51cm) high
24" (61cm) deep
51" (130cm) wide.

£50.

Cage folded flat.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »
Cage, splits in half, for easy handling. Was built into our Caravan, but can be used a cage inside a court or even in the house.

Our caravan was crashed into, and we had to get a new one... the new one is a lot wider than the old one, but for some strange reason, the door is 1/2 inch thinner, so it was easier to build a new cage, than try and modify this one.

Basically, it breaks into two halves, to make it easier to handle. It will not have the litter trays, bedding etc,

It's made from a couple of Ikea wooden linen Baskets, and then the rest is made to fit. Having the large doors makes it nice and easy to clean out, and if we wanted to get out quickly in the morning, I would have a second litter tray, so I could literally, open the door, swap the trays, and shut it back up, before the ferrets even noticed :laugh:

£30

Our web site

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 04:16:41 PM »
All 4 still for sale

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Our web site

Offline Vicki-Ann

• Fluffy Member
  • Weaned Kit
    • First name: Vicki-Ann

• Mischief Maker Ferrets
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »
Are the travel cages still available? (esp the blue/red one)
And do you ever travel any towards the north or west?

I'm on the Shropshire /Powys border so hardly into Wales and would be interested in one or both as indoor hospital cages/nurseries.

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
They are all still here, out in the shed, out of sight, out of mind.... Doh...

We are heading over to South Wales in Oct, Dates to be confirmed, across to Pembrokeshire. We will have the caravan on the back, so wouldn't really want to stray that far off the M4 so not sure if that is any good to you.

Our web site

Offline Vicki-Ann

• Fluffy Member
  • Weaned Kit

• Mischief Maker Ferrets
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
They are all still here, out in the shed, out of sight, out of mind.... Doh...

We are heading over to South Wales in Oct, Dates to be confirmed, across to Pembrokeshire. We will have the caravan on the back, so wouldn't really want to stray that far off the M4 so not sure if that is any good to you.

So long as the dates fit and I'm not on call, I'd be happy to travel down somewhere there to meet you. I like cages with lots of floor space and they just might be the right thing for us here, they will most likely spend a lot of time out in the shed here, but it's good to have some on standby just in case ...

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
I'll let you know when we are heading over that way, maybe we could meet at a services, or somewhere else just off the motorway for a break.

I just noticed the wooden cage does not have any dimensions, so I will dig it out and get those. It's roughly about 6ft long, and 18" top to bottom and front to back, and apart from breaking into 2 equal halves does not fold up, so you basically need room in your car to get something that sort of size in.

I have standardised on a type of "indoor" cage, the sort with plastic bases and wire tops, which we keep for when we need hospital/foster/boarding cages. They fold fairly flat, nestle inside each other when not in use, plus I fitted them with folding legs, and handles, so they are all self standing and fit in a rack inside the back of the car. Hence why I need to get rid of some of the other ones, they are taking up too much space now.

Our web site

Offline Vicki-Ann

• Fluffy Member
  • Weaned Kit

• Mischief Maker Ferrets
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 11:33:08 PM »
I realise as I couldn't make the last date I have not bought these yet and wondered were they still available and when the next tim you're coming this way might be?

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 12:39:01 AM »
Not sure yet, we usually try to get over to Pembrokeshire in the Summer, but we do not have any firm dates yet.

Our web site

Offline Vicki-Ann

• Fluffy Member
  • Weaned Kit

• Mischief Maker Ferrets
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 06:42:45 PM »
I will wait to hear from you on that then and hopefully be able to meet you then :-)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 08:35:02 PM »
I will wait to hear from you on that then and hopefully be able to meet you then :-)

Sounds like a plan...

Our web site

Offline Vicki-Ann

• Fluffy Member
  • Weaned Kit

• Mischief Maker Ferrets
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »
Hi Clive,

The OH and I are at the Dorset Steam Fair this year - was wondering if this would be a good time to get these cages finally?
you can email me on vicki.annxxxxxxxxxx.xxx and we can exchange phone numbers if this would be workable :-)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:59:34 PM by lazy-ferret »

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 10:59:51 PM »
Sent you an email

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Our web site

Offline fiddle

• Forum hobbit
  • Global Moderator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Fuzzy Temptress!
    • First name: Tina

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »
Hey guys, was wandering if you still have the explorer?  If so do you know the measurement from the floor to the first level please? The gap underneath basically lol
The other measurements are along the lines that I need just missing that one x
Corporal Sydney, Puddin, Wink, Gizmo, Tipps, Bilbo, Bobbie, Wolfgang, Ian, George, Brian, Betty, Wilma and Bombardier Briggs Dook on forever Seargent Major Chumley, Fable, Baxter, Mr Mungus, Coco, Pappy,  Dudley, Nelson, Bink's, Minx, Fudwivenef, Cara, Pixel Crispy and Cracker  :angel:

I do not want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything but I can still fit into my earings that I wore in school!