Author Topic: Tyrri  (Read 3927 times)

hilaauk

Tyrri
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
Tyrri crossed the bridge on Wednesday. He was an older sandy lad who arrived from our vets on 2nd May. His RSPCA offcer's notes were "feral ferret - obviously not anyone's pet" so vet was a wee bit worried about his destination and phoned us. She neutered, vaccinated, chipped, frontlined him and removed some of his 600+ ticks before we collected him. He was very tired and spent first month sleeping and eating - we needed to remove another 100 ticks. He progressed to the ferret room where he spent most of his time on the cat radiator bed. He slowly stopped freaking out randomly when being cuddled, screaming and then biting without closing down. He started losing weight and we thought it was because we changed kibble so replaced the Chudleys and more mince. He went to vet but nothing obviously wrong.  He ate little but often and loved short walks. On Tuesday night, he had a little leg wobble and passed sometime on Wednesday afternoon. We went to get him for his mince and found him dead in a ball in the cat basket, wrapped in a fleece.

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
Re: Tyrri
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »
Aw so sorry. Sweet dreams Tyrri. So glad you found a loving home to know.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »
Aww DIP Tyrri, glad you found some comfort in the last couple of months you were with us xx
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »
Poor little soul. So glad he found his way to you and knew real happiness at the end.

Sweet Dreams Tyrri.

sent from my phone, sorry for any typo's.

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

monkeybob

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
Rip :( glad he found love in his last days