Author Topic: Mokey has passed  (Read 4502 times)

monkeybob

Mokey has passed
« on: June 06, 2014, 08:50:16 PM »
I lost my little girl Mokey last night. She had lymphoma and it was heart breaking to see her get worse over the last few months.
She came to me with her brother Wembley four years ago and I fell in love instantly. She was two years old and had been handed into starescue as her previous owner didn't want them anymore. She ripped me to shreds at first but I soon got used to it. She soon began to trust me and became my little baby. She still nipped everyone else but that was Mokey.
Clever beyond belief always up to mischief. She was such a character a right little madam and the soppiest cuddle butt.
Last night I bought her in for her second helping of turkey which she wolfed down and after she sat on my lap and curled up in a blankie. I put her back in with the boys and tucked her in for the night.
She was very frail and I knew it wouldn't be long before I had to let her go.
This morning I found her in the basement level, she'd passed away.
I thought it was odd when the boys came running out of the bedroom compartment. They usually like a lie in.
It broke my heart to see her lying there.
I bought her in and brushed her hair, made her look nice. Then sat in the garden with her for awhile in the sunshine.
I buried her in her favourite blanket then planted a rose bush where she lies.
I'm in bits, a little piece of my heart went to heaven today and a massive piece of my life.
I'm gonna miss her so much!
Rip Mokey

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Mokey has passed
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:07:04 PM »
 :fuzzyhug: So Sorry Paul. When people say ferrets steal your heart, they are not kidding, the only consolation is, you know it goes to a worthy cause, and the heart they give to you back, when they do learn to trust you, far outweighs anything they may have taken.

Sweet Dreams Mokey, run free at the Bridge getting up to no good. :adore: :angel1:

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

peterc

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:06:01 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Paul. They don't live anything like as long as we would like. 

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »
Sorry to hear your loss Paul.  :angel1:

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:56 AM »
So sorry to hear about little Mokey, I am sure her roses will be as beautiful as her.
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

hilaauk

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 01:35:17 PM »
So sorry. DIP little one. Enjoy looking down on the roses.

Jan

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »

So sorry Paul, how they break our hearts when they leave us  :fuzzyhug:  They do take a part of our hearts with

them, but we must take comfort in the fact that we gave them the best lives possible and they never went short of anything,

especially love.

DIP lovely Mokey, you sound like an amazing, spirited little girl. Go find my little Maddie, she was a lot like you, you will create

utter mayhem together!   :angel1:  :kiss1: