Author Topic: Kevin  (Read 3254 times)

FerretMonster

Kevin
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »

Today we took Kev for his final journeys.
Just 2 days shy of 6 years we've had the pleasure of Kev's company.
When I knew it was ferrets that I wanted, we looked on the local RSPCA rescue site, and there was a picture of a little brown ferret, called Frankie.
I phoned them up and said "I want that one, and whichever other one he comes with". So Frankie and Ferdie came to live with us on April 16th 2008.
Quickly their names were changed to Kevin and Perry, Kev was the stroppy little teenager and Perry just bimbled along with him :)

Kev had a simple life. He loved food, water and Perry.
Wouldn't tolerate other ferrets (apart from Perry), wasn't too fussed on being handled either, unless food was involved.

Since being diagnosed with Insulinoma (about 18 months ago), he didn't have too many bad days.
This last week though he has been having episodes every few days, despite some pretty intensive home care. So we decided, with a lot of help from Kev, that it was time.
This morning he had obviously fitted again over night, not totally gone but not very responsive. Not fair to let him go through that every couple of days. So we made that appointment we'd been trying to put off.
So he's doing the forever sleep, and we've put him next to Sophie, they both hated the sight of each other, but I know they're both at peace out there.

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Kevin
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:50:29 PM »
So sorry, You did everything you could, and then a bit more when he needed it most. :fuzzyhug: :kiss1:

I am sure that once at the bridge, they all get along perfectly... Well I sincerely hope so, as looking after 4 groups has been hard enough, I am certain I am not looking after how ever many groups they would have become by the time I go to find them, I want a rest...

Sweet Dreams Kevin, you were a very handsome devil, and did so well to live for 18months with Insulinoma. Have a ball at the bridge :angel1: :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
Aww DIP Kevin, he looks like he enjoyed a good swim :)
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Jan

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:32:09 AM »

So sorry to hear your sad news Michelle, he did so well to manage 18 months with the wretched insulinoma  :fuzzyhug: 

DIP sweet, gorgeous Kevin, I shall miss hearing stories about you. Fly high lovely boy  :adore:   :angel1:  :kiss1: