Author Topic: Our big soft Bailey has left for the bridge  (Read 4329 times)

Jan

Our big soft Bailey has left for the bridge
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »

Our beautiful, big softie of a bear, Bailey, had to leave for the bridge on Friday  :cry: :cry: He had battled adrenal disease, then insulinoma, but could not win the fight against the cruelest cancer, lymphoma.

Our first ferrets, Bailey and Loki came into our lives as one yr olds 6 years ago. Bailey frightened the living daylights out of us for some time as he was quite a bad biter, but there's no way on earth we could have given him up, and gradually the biting became less frequent til it stopped.  When the boys were just 2 they caught a terrible virus which very nearly killed them, but somehow they managed to pull through, though it took them a very long time to fully recover. We have felt so lucky to still have them with us all these years, enjoying so many happy times and adventures, walks, PR events and shows. He was our alpha male, but so gentle and kind to the others, he was wonderful with our baby girls, they pulled him about, inflicting much pain during playtimes, but he took it all, he loved them so much.   

He loved going to stay at his Uncle Clive and Auntie Suz's house, where he and Loki confused the heck out of them as they looked so alike  :laugh:

Bailey is at the back :wink3:

Enjoying the snow in April 2008

Recently we took them on 2 holidays, he loved all the excitement so much, even at Christmas when his health was deteriorating. He just loved snuffling about somewhere new so much.  He was never a bear who liked long cuddles, but in recent times he'd become a real cuddle bug, really enjoying all the fuss and cuddles we gave him whenever he was awake. He loved having his little head rubbed while he cleaned his paws and face after he'd eaten his meals on your lap.   Life is never going to be the same again without you my darling little man, we miss you so much already, our hearts are broken. Maddie must have been over the moon to see you when you reached the bridge. We love you so much our special boy, you came into our lives with Loki and changed it forever, it's quite fitting that you left us on Valentines day  :adore: 

Never forget what I told you every night my darling boy........I love you to the moon and back, further than the stars, to infinity and beyond....Nite nite sweetheart, have a blast with Maddie, til we meet again     xxxxxxxxxxx  :kiss1:  :adore:  :kiss1:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:55:19 PM by Jan »

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Our big soft Bailey has left for the bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »
So sorry Jan and Jack. :fuzzyhug:

You mentioned how they confused us, and I was just looking back at some of the pictures I took of your lot enjoying the garden... even on the pictures, I labelled them "Bailey or Loki", as I just could not tell the difference when they were younger. I always remember the time, you sent them up here, and one was on tablets, we had to mark his hair, to make sure we gave the right one the medicine, as the other would play up to us, just to try and get a treat, and I was so scared we would give the wrong one the tablet.

Sweet dreams Bailey. hope you have a ball with Mad Maddie at the bridge. :angel1: :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:00:01 PM »
Wow they did look similar! So sorry for your loss Jan, looks like they were well and truly loved xx
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Jan

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 08:57:48 PM »

Thank you  :fuzzyhug:

Those photos are really stunning Clive, thank you for posting the link.

Snow

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
Very sorry for your loss Jan.

DIP bailey bear xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Jan

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 08:05:17 PM »

Thank you Abbie xx

kodajoel