Author Topic: Oliver left us this morning  (Read 3909 times)

Nymain

Oliver left us this morning
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
Our dear old Oliver was put to sleep this morning. He was losing weight and going bald but we had hoped to get him back to health but his back legs had gone and he had become incontinent so we decided that it was time. We hope his time with us was happy and I think our young ones enjoyed having a grand dad with them.

D.I.P Oliver

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

Re: Oliver left us this morning
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
He was a truly special, gentle, cuddly old boy. Has been a pleasure looking after him for his retirement and will never forget our cuddles. He slept on my lap all the way in the car with just the odd peek around to see what was going on. Was asleep for the final injection and passed away with me stroking him. I will put some photos up when we get home to celebrate how handsome he was x
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Snow

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like an awesome ferret.

D.I.P little one

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
We only had you a year little Oliver but you made that year super special. Loved by myself, Christian, the rest of the gang...and even my nan who is scared of ferrets. We hope you enjoyed your retirement with us, with lots of warm cat milk and RCC, sleeping, exploring, sleeping some more, sleeping with your friends and sleeping on us. We didn't think you would make it past Christmas but you were brave enough to give us one more month before telling us you needed to rest. We hope we made the end of your 8 fuzzy years the best you could wish for and we will miss you greatly  :fuzzyhug:

Exploring in his harness.

He was adopted into the group so quickly and he loved the binos extra much.

He taught the others how to wash their faces properly and was completely at ease in water.

He was ever so laid back and cuddly and would happily sleep on us....

At every opportunity.

Good bye lovely Oliver, go and find Fuz and Chaz and they will look after you over the bridge. Don't worry, they are white furs ;-) xxxxx
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »
So sorry, but you can take consolation in the fact that his time on this earth was completed with everything he could possible need to pass on feeling fully fulfilled. He was such a beauty... :fuzzyhug: :adore:

Sweet Dreams Oliver, enjoy your time at the bridge, you have someone to wait for now. :angel1:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Nymain

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 06:22:48 PM »
Thanks Clive,

Here was the last picture I took of him, think it's how I'll remember him:

Jan

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 08:19:29 PM »

So sorry guys, but what a lovely, happy retirement he had, full of love  :fuzzyhug:

Fly high and free lovely Oliver   :angel1:  :kiss1: