Author Topic: Rest in Peace; beloved, Flash and Sharkey  (Read 3894 times)

Twinkle

Rest in Peace; beloved, Flash and Sharkey
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
OK, I can't feel any worse than I do right now so here goes...

It's with a heavy and sore heart I announce good bye to my darling furry boys; Flash and Sharkey who sadly passed away at the end of June. Smudge is still with me and I'm relieved not to have lost all three of our furry boys.

It's with an even more solemn and sore heart that I write that Neil, OH (aka Sepher)... also passed away at the end of June.

I don't have the words, so I've stolen one of Neil's old posts to quote with photos and him forum chatting away like he always did.

Rest in peace my darling ones.  :adore:  :kiss1:

Photos as requested. Unfortunately we don't have too many good ones, because our camera is waaaay slower than ninja ferrets, so we tend to end up with a blur of fur. These will have to do for now, though I think gemma has some nice cuddly sleepy ferret pics we've just not managed to upload yet?

In a box, on my knee, on the way home. It's not a very big box. They're proper small. I shall try to give a sense of scale at some point . . . .

They didn't even have names at this point, but at first glance Sharks and Smudge seem to be quite rightly asking 'WTF is all this, and what is it doing here exactly?' :? It's a good question. 'What are you're boots doing next to your curlers, and why is there some sort of santa / reindeer type backdrop?' is a question I still ponder on, even to this day, but that's by the by? :/

Sharks learns how to steal. It's a really, really small roll of sellotape. It's not big, and it's not clever. Not exactly Brinks Mat, but he seemed pleased? :/

Blurred, included purely to give the previously promised sense of scale.

Flash, discovering the joys in life . . . There's nothing they won't do for a tube of malt-paste, is there?

Flash, discovering there's a big wide world out there . . .

Flash, after too much malt-paste, deciding the big wide world can wait for a bit. ((( Pre-testicles, obviously! )))

Sharks and Smudge, being all big and fat in their winter colours . . .

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Rest in Peace; beloved, Flash and Sharkey
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:50 PM »
Ohhhhhhh, Gemma, what a very sad post, I really had no idea what you have been through in the last few months. :fuzzyhug:

I am completely out of words at the moment. :cry:

So for now, Sweet dreams Flash and Sharkey, and lay off the nips on the sensitive skin while you look after Neil. :angel1:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:04:06 AM »
I wish there was something I could say or do to even remotely make you feel better than you are feeling now. :cry: :fuzzyhug:

I am so sorry, they must have needed some very special help at the bridge. Rather like Clive I am at a loss I wish I had the perfect words.

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 03:17:59 AM »
It must have been sp hard to loose them so close together, dook on fuzzies, all together again

geordieferretmum

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »
So sorry it must be heart breaking for you. Dook on over the bridge Flash and Sharkey, meet up with Neil and have some new adventures until your Mummy finds you again. 

Twinkle

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 11:54:34 AM »
:fuzzyhug: Thank you. I don't really have words for it and haven't much since it happened. I'm not sleeping very well, nor coping particularly well and I just didn't know what to put either. I guess with it being my birthday last Monday, I just couldn't feel any lower and a bit of 'now or never' took over. I miss them. I kind of ran away to Oz and pretended it hadn't happened for a bit, did a lot of once in a lifetime things and then threw myself into work when I returned. Grief catches up. Losing two of my beloved ferrets was hard but then losing Neil was just one step too far. I'm on the list for counselling and think it will do me a lot of good to help me piece everything back together and move forward. I'm hoping that joining in the none-sense (and the occasional sensible post) in the rest of the forum will be a good distraction at times.

I miss them rough housing each other and the screams from the kitchen when they'd got one of Neil's ankles or heel, then him marching past me with the offender in hand for time out... usually Sharkey (or Smudge). To think Neil took so long to convince me to get the ferrets! I was adamant for years we would not have them and become some kind of northern stereotype caricatures. Then he got them on the back of me saying "maybe" instead of the usual "no" once he'd shown me ferret videos on YouTube for the fourth consecutive Sunday running! He said that was as close to a yes as he was ever going to get on the ferrets and took his chance while there was an opening.  :laugh: So true... many good and happy memories.

Flash was his favourite (and my baby boy that I chose) so he rarely ended up on disciplinary because he was soft as putty and would just lay around his neck licking his earlobe as he cooked dinner. Apart from when he would get one on him and doing a flying fox impression with no fear whatsoever! We had to move the sofas nearer because no mater how far apart we'd put them Flash would still think he was a superhero and launch himself into the air. He had a penchant for dog rope toys, a particular yellow one being his favourite to claim and drag back behind the TV unit. With his little chutchie face, slightly crooked tail and a cute lollopy run, he was a delight.
We had so much laughter at them bouncing around, them stealing things to stash to the point where Sharkey loved stripy socks so much, he would steal them right off your feet! Sharkey was named because of his stealth ability to hide right by the inner edge of the sofa, running up and down the carpet until you placed you feet back down so he could attack. It was OK while you were playing the game, however not quite so when you forgot, and Neil nearly always forgot! I'd find it amusing and he'd get so mad that he'd 'been got' again. Sharkpants loved this! He was always the instigator of hide and seek in the plastic carrier bags, towels or the tunnels Neil would make from the wind breaks but was easily distracted by a sock, stinkier the better, the stripy-er the better!
I miss their little characters so much, and Neil's big personality. He really was like he was online in his posts here. We'd chatter away about nothing or something, we'd sing, share our thoughts, laugh, cry, shout, giggle, joke and cuddle together.... my best friend.

Just hoping things get better and that our little monster angels are being nice to him for a change!  :angel1:

:kiss1:  :adore:

Jan

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »

Bless your heart, it's unbelieveable the pain you are having to go through. I'm so glad you've decided to come back on here for a natter sometimes, a little distraction from all you are going through   :fuzzyhug:  I'm so very sorry for your losses Gemma  :fuzzyhug:

Fly high and free gorgeous Flash and Starkey, I'm sure you are taking care of your lovely dad   :angel1:  :angel1:  :kiss1: