Author Topic: Sammy bear  (Read 3287 times)

Snow

Sammy bear
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
Well our worse fears were confirmed yesterday. Sammy had juvenile lymphoma. In the 10 days he had been on antibiotics his tumours had over doubled in siza and he had become painfully thin. As a complication to this he had either gastric ulcers or the cancer had spread there too. This meant that he couldn't be given steroids to relieve any of his discomfort without risking perforation. He was also very miserable Sunday and Monday which lead to the decision to end his suffering this morning.

Although he hadn't been with us long we are both heartbroken to have lost him so soon. We are just trying to focus on what we did do for him rather than what we wish we could have done for him. :(.
X

Jan

Re: Sammy bear
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »

So very sorry to hear your sad news, it's such a cruel illness to take them while they are so young.

Thinking of you and sending hugs   :fuzzyhug:

Dook on dear little Sammy  :angel1: :kiss1: :kiss1:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:26:41 PM »
 :fuzzyhug: so sorry, but thankful he ended his short life where he was loved and will be missed. It gives it meaning.
 :angel1: :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

hilaauk

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
So sorry to hear this - a truly awful illness which carries away too many ferrets too young. DIP Sammy.

missymo

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:27:31 PM »
so sorry for your loss :fuzzyhug:sweet dreams sammy bear :angel1: