Author Topic: My beautiful Maddie  (Read 5751 times)

Jan

My beautiful Maddie
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:04:49 PM »

I cannot believe I am writing this, but early Friday morning we lost our beautiful, precious girl Maddie.  She was just 4 years old and so full of life.  She did everything at 100mph and still behaved like a kit, she was the baby of the family both to us and to the rest of the gang who all loved her so very much.

Maddie was amazing, one in a million, she had the personality, courage and attitude of 10 ferrets rolled into one, and an amazing sense of humour, she had us in fits of laughter every day.

I chose Maddie from a litter of kits at Harrietsham in spring 2009, we fell in love with her from the moment we first saw her.

In many ways she wasn't like a ferret, she was so much more intelligent and sharper than the others, and she laughed like a human.  She was totally crazy, loved life and put 150 per cent into everything she did, she enjoyed her life so much.  She loved so many things, she adored her sandpit, she has a huge stash of much loved toys, including her precious vitamin pots, lol.  She loved extreme sports, climbing, long distance mid-air jumping, jumping over barriers,  trying to escape and scaring the living daylights out of us. She loved her garden and the new ferret garden which was finally finished last week.

She loved playing in water, digging, stealing Jack's socks and the heavy metal plug out of the bath. She loved playing in the rain, the snow, and sunshine, but what she loved the most in life was playing with her sister Sophie, which she did for hours every day.  She loved to bite toes, especially nip and run attacks, and she would run off dooking with laughter afterwards.
She loved attention, her face would light up when she saw us and she would run to try to get to you to be picked up first. She loved her cuddles and kisses and always wanted to play with us.

She loved racing, winning both KFC events she took part in and in one semi-final she waited for the other ferret to get half way down the tube before she even started, and she still won  :laugh:

She will be greatly missed by her sister Sophie, who she has spent every moment of her life with and by her brothers Bailey and Loki.
We are so worried about Sophie now, the boys do want to play with her for very long as they are older, now 6.

We are all in shock, both ferrets and humans and life without our darling girl seems unimaginable. Our hearts are completely broken  :cry:

Please don't ever forget what I told you all every night my darling girl,  I love you to the moon and back, further than the stars, to infinity and beyond   :adore:   :kiss1: :kiss1:

Jan

Re: My beautiful Maddie
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »
4/8/13  Looking irresistably cute, doing her bit for ferret PR with Kent Ferret Club

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 02:17:19 AM »
 :cry: I am so so sorry Jan and Jack, we were so shocked to hear about it.

I really wish I had a video clip of the time she was here and both Jack and Clive were chasing her about, as she loved to torment them, take me home - you'll have to catch me first.

She was so active, if she was asleep and we could pick her up, we had to check she was alright  :adore:

I am so so sorry but boy she made the most of every minute and had a fantastic life with the both of you. :cry: :c :fuzzyhug: :cry:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:25:20 AM »
So Sorry Jan and Jack, she really was one in a million, and always made us laugh when she stayed here, as many of my posts of her antics proved.  :fuzzyhug:

I really do think she was half human, as she had the most wicked sense of humour, and I am sure she could understand not only what we were saying, but also possessed comic timing as well.

Apart from our many battles of wits, when it came to her bed time when she stayed here, I think the time she shot out the end of the racing tube at a KFC event, and just carried on running causing Jack and Andy to do rugby tackles across the floor to try and catch her as everyone else launched off to shut the doors, has to be one of my favourite memories, but the best one is the one where I warned some other boarders picking their ferrets up, not to put their fingers in the cage she was in as she had a habit of nibbling them. She then went the whole 9 yards to prove to them how cute she was, rolling on her back, doing the whole paws across the face, and any other ferret tricks to lower their guard, until they just could not resist it, and putting a finger through the bars for a quick ear rub... discovered just how fast she was, when she turned around and grabbed their finger, and tried to pull them through the bars into the cage refusing to let go until I managed to get hold of her, and ask her very nicely not to eat my customers.

Sweet Dreams Maddie, You were great fun, and we really loved having you here. I am so pleased you had such a great life, and managed to pack so much into it. :angel1: :adore:

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:22:35 PM »
So sorry to hear about your loss, another beauty at rainbow bridge.

FerretMonster

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
So sorry to hear about Maddie.
It is shocking when they go quickly  :cry:
She sounded like a proper little madam  :adore:

fiddle

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »
So very sorry guys, she truly was a fuzzy to remember and will be greatly missed by all that met her.
Dook on forever happy Maddie x

Jan

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »

Thank you guys    :fuzzyhug:

I am so glad that some of you got to meet her and see how unique and special she was, she just loved to make people laugh. We have so many special memories of her, including being awarded 2nd place in the polecat jills by Chris at the KFC show despite biting her!

It's far too peaceful and quiet here without her, no craziness and no dooking  :cry:

We are trying our hardest to keep the others spirits up, it's so heart breaking though as poor Sophie has no sister to play with, the boys get annoyed with her attempts to play  :adore:

hilaauk

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »
So sorry to hear this. She sounds like a ferret in a million. Hope Sophie copes ok.

geordieferretmum

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
So sorry Jan. A life lived to the full with an owner who loved her to bits. She sounds like a right character and I am sure she is up to the same antics over the bridge. She will always live on in your memories and will be there to meet you again when its time. Sending all our love and hugs. xxx

Jan

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 08:22:27 PM »

Thank you   :fuzzyhug:

Netia

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 08:58:32 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss.

missymo

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 09:31:41 PM »
sweet dreams gorgeous maddie :angel1:

Jan

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 08:31:14 PM »

Thank you  :fuzzyhug:

I'm sure she will be creating total mayhem over the bridge Liz and making all the animals and people laugh  :angel1: