Author Topic: Oshie  (Read 3365 times)

geordieferretmum

Oshie
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:39:43 PM »
This month is turning out to be a horrible one. Having already lost Stolly and Sassy in the space of three weeks we lost Oshie today.

Oshie joined us in 2011 as a one year old hob. He had been left on a  doorstep with his sister in a box. The note left with them said that the owner couldn't cope anymore and it didn't take us long to find out why. Oshie was a complete and utter nutter. Totally manic, into everything he should have arrived with his own ASBO. The poor soul was obviously very inbred as his undershot jaw and  piggy eyes   matched his apparent lack of brain power. If ever a ferret needed Ritalin it was him! Nippy at first he soon learnt to trust and he rewarded us with being the best racer we ever had. He would still do a nip and run every now and again but to him it was just an invitation to play and I swear he was sniggering as he ran away. He had the life of riley and loved bombing around with his mates but a few months ago we noticed that he was losing weight. Despite visits to the vets and supplementary meals he just wasn't putting any weight back on and no one seemed to know the reason why. He was still happy until about a month ago when I noticed he had developed cataracts first in one eye then in the other. More vet visits followed as he developed fluid in his abdomen which was putting pressure on his diaphragm. He was put on steroids to see if they picked him up but he made no progress and was starting to be sick and have diarrhoea so we had to bath him daily. Despite this he developed sore patches around his back end. Given how uncomfortable he seemed and the lack of any progress we didn't think it was fair to keep him going and he went off to meet his old friend Stolly at the bridge today. A life that was far too short but lived at full speed. Keep on running Oshie and we will meet you at the bridge.  love Mum, Dad, Will and Ben xxx  :kiss1:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Oshie
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
So Sorry Liz, it sounds like he lived life on fast forward. :fuzzyhug:

Sweet Dreams Oshie.  :adore: :angel1: :cry:

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »
So sorry you are having such a horrible month  :fuzzyhug: lets hope the bad luck coming in 3s saying means that there won't be any more sadness for you.

It sounds like Oshie had a great time with you and fit every bit of fun in that he could xx
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:33:18 PM »
So hard to lose them so close together :(

Jan

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »

So heart breaking for you  :fuzzyhug:  xxx

Dook on crazy Oshie  :kiss1: :angel1: