Author Topic: Stolly  (Read 3340 times)

geordieferretmum

Stolly
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »
This is for Stolly who had to be helped across the bridge on Thursday.

Stolly joined us as a young stray kit from STARescue in 2011. He came as a companion to Wally who was living on his own at the time. Stolly was a bright Albino boy with a feisty nature at first but soon calmed down to be the usual bino affectionate lap ferret. His favourite times were walkies in the woods and digging in everything dirty he could find. He made great friends with Wally and accepted Oshie when he came along soon after. When we moved to the new house they moved in with some of the older boys and where collectively known as the rabble because they where little tearaways!

We will never know exactly what happened but in April 2012 he had what appeared to be a stroke and was very wobbly on his legs. With help from the vet he picked up and although it was obvious he had brain damage he coped with life very well. His luck wasn't good and at Christmas 2012 he began to lose weight rapidly. Suspecting Adrenal he was implanted early in the New Year. Although initially he gained some weight and his coat improved he was still weak but managed ok. He had been looking gradually worse for the last few weeks but he still seemed happy.

I found him on Thursday completely collapsed and obviously incontinent. He was not happy anymore and despite how much it hurt I knew it wasn't fair to keep him going. He slept all the way to the vets in his hammock and had a good cuddle with his Mummy and Daddy before he went gently off to sleep. He is buried in the woods he loved so much. Goodbye little one your life was way to short but you where loved for all of it. Dook on over the bridge until we see you again. xxxx

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Stolly
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
 :adore: So sorry, a short but great life. :fuzzyhug:

Sweet Dreams Stolly, have fun Dooking away in the woods. :angel1: :adore: :cry:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

solsticedreamer

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »
i am so sorry...dook on little Stolly :fuzzyhug:

Jan

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »

Wishes sent on fbook, but wanted to comment here too. Sending hugs to you guys, so sorry you lost your lovely boy, it must make it so much harder that he was so young.  :fuzzyhug:

Dook on lovely Stolly   :angel1:   :kiss1: