Author Topic: Found ferret - Nutfield  (Read 6650 times)

Gill

Found ferret - Nutfield
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:31:02 PM »
A friend just called to say her neighbour currently has a ferret in his hallway under a plastic box that has been wandering around locally in Nutfield (between Godstone & Redhill) for the past couple of weeks. I've called Lily at Surrey rescue to let her know but thought I'd see if anyone on here was local and might know of someone who has lost a ferret?

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: Found ferret - Nutfield
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:36:18 PM »
If this is your lost ferret, and you want to contact Gill, please Email the forum, via fluffyferretforum@lazy-ferret.co.uk, and I will pass your details on.

I have added this, as this section is open to people not on the forum to read, but not reply to.

Hope someone claims it...
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Gill

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »
Thanks Clive :)

Latest News is that Lily is sending someone to collect it.
RSPCA have been as much use as a chocolate teapot as usual!

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
We had someone is Sevenoaks contact us over Christmas about a ferret living in their carport...

Even though we were in Wales for 2 more weeks after they contacted us, and no one else would come out to it, the RSPCA were still not interested in helping it.. Luckily they found a friend of a friend who had ferrets and could pick it up.
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

fuzzynicki

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:31:11 PM »
Could this ferret be one of the many that were stolen from Godstone Farm recently?

hilaauk

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »
Hope so - they lost 7 older lads, some entire - sandies, polecats and beanos. 

Gill

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »
I hadn't heard about that but will mention to Lily as that's not far away!

hilaauk

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 09:31:18 PM »
This was posted on Ferrethelp page: Gem Ferret was poster.
Date: 05/12/2012
I work at Godstone farm in Godstone, Surrey! Few days ago all our ferrets have been stolen! A group of 7 male ferrets!! All sandy and similar colour! And most of them very old! They have been together all their life! And there are nippy! Police can't do much! But it is cold and they are so old that I worry about them! Please please please spread the message!maybe they have been dumped or tried to be sold on!! Poor boys! They are all not spayed!!!!
Updated to add two albino and two polecat included with sandys

Gill

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:25 AM »
Ah I remember seeing that now! Have mentioned it to Lily in case this could be one of them altho apparently it's incredibly gentle and friendly (from my friend who found it that has no prior experience with ferrets) So I'm guessing not if they're nippy...