Author Topic: My lovely Bugsy  (Read 4143 times)

rora

My lovely Bugsy
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:16:16 AM »
went to the Rainbow Bridge last night at 2am - we curled up in a nest of towels on the living room floor until you were ready to go. It was "our" moment :cry:

We never knew how old you were but guessed you'd be around 7 this year and you STILL managed to get  2nd place in your class in Spring - I was SO proud of you!

You were my big, fat, lazy beenie always with your face in the food, often asleep, and a lovely tan line on your nose as proof of your dedication to the art of eating! I will never find your secret bed in the house now so the mystery of the materialising beenie the moment the fridge door opened or "bedtime" was called is safe.

You lived with us for four years after the Sainsbugs lady came to our door with you in her arms. She had confiscated you from three small boys who were going to throw you in the river. As I said to her if it had been me catching them they would have had to explain to their parents just HOW they got so wet! I'm glad she found us (after asking a couple of neighbours where the "ferret lady" lived) as you gave us lots of love and joy even if you did try to eat us out of house and home.

The funniest moment was our lovely vet turning to his students to demonstrate how scruffing a ferret will make them yawn so a quick check of the teeth can be performed. Unfortunately for him he didn't know that you NEVER performed! Mouth firmly shut with that "bring it on matey" look on your face I just stood there trying not to laugh out loud as he then added "but Bugs seems to be the exception to the rule"... I had TRIED to tell him  :wink3:

Blessed Be* my darling, you will be sorely missed by William, Blondie and Sebastian and me and Daddy.

:kiss1:

fiddle

Re: My lovely Bugsy
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 07:30:09 AM »
So sorry, sounded like quite the character  :adore:
Dook on forever happy Bugsy x

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:39:21 AM »
Awww.. you just have to love the beenies... :fuzzyhug: :fuzzyhug:

So sorry Dawn, but I am glad you got to say goodbye in a dignified way, they leave such lasting memories. :fuzzyhug:

Sweet Dreams Bugsy, hope you have all the food you need at the bridge, and find a new secret sleep place. :adore: :angel1:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

hilaauk

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:04:43 PM »
So sorry - glad he was rescued to have a wonderful life with you - loving and being loved.

solsticedreamer

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:01:50 PM »
i am so sorry :cry:
dook on bugsy xoxox

missymo

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 02:38:07 PM »
very sorry dawn :fuzzyhug: sweet dreams bugsy :angel1: