Author Topic: Christmas Dinner  (Read 23398 times)

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

Christmas Dinner
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
I know it seems way too early to be thinking about Christmas (DESPITE there being cards and things already in shops!) but I know that you have to book this sort of things quite a lot in advance.

If there was interest I would look at a few different places around Kent in a few different locations and make a more detailed thread with the different options (name of place, food, cost, location etc) and we could choose the best one. I imagine it would have to be a weekend to suit most people but that could be discussed later if there is interest.

:xmas1:
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

Re: Christmas Dinner
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »
Btw I voted for yes....lol.
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

hilaauk

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
Any chance of Xmas lunch for those living further afield :)

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »
Depends where everyone lives. It would be too hard to organise one for an area I don't know lol but guess i depends where everyone lives. London is a possibility if easier for others but then there are more travel expenses x

hilaauk

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
I meant if you arrange it for lunch-time, it would be less daunting for people travelling into area than if a dinner one. We're about an hour away and would be interested but would prefer an early start and the locals could prop up the bar for longer.

Understand it needs to be in Kent and kudos for you for trying to arrange it :) Interestingly our work one just came round and ASDA is in trouble for having Santa's Grottos in stores. Not sure why - Harrods and Harvey Nicks already have had theirs - but that's for the post-Ramadan shoppers.

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »
Oh no that's fine, I only meant Christmas dinner as in that type of food, doesn't have to be at dinner time lol. Lunch is better because then you don't go to bed feeling liked an overstuffed pillow :D

Gill

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 08:25:59 AM »
Ooo lovely idea! We'll be up for this :)

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
That's cool and I imagine some of us will be bringing a partner/friend? x

hilaauk

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
He'd only winge otherwise. Though he has been known to say he only likes HIS ferrets not anyone else's.

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
If anyone had suggestions for a place that would be good too as I have never eaten out at Christmas and would only be suggesting places on what their normal food is like x

Gill

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »
I don't know where everyone is but trying to think of somewhere easily accesible for London, Surrey, Sussex, Kent (basically the South East lol as think that's where most are...??)

What about the Grasshopper on the A25 in Westerham? Nice and easy to find being on a main road, close to M25 etc...

They're doing a 3 course Saturday lunch throughout December for £22.50 - http://grasshopperinn.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdf/christmas_in_the_restaurant_menu.pdf

Or a Santa Sunday lunch 2nd, 9th or 16th December £22.50 for adults and £12.95 for kids up to 10... not sure how many of us have kiddies??
http://grasshopperinn.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdf/santa_sunday_lunch_menu.pdf

Hope that's useul if the right area?? If not let me know the general area you want and I'll have a look? :)

hilaauk

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
May need a train link as well - though hope people would be glad to do pick up.

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »
Mmmm that menu looks good lol :D

I think that would be the best sort of area but it would be useful to be near a train station too like Hilary said. Not sure where the nearest station is to there? It would be about 1hr15 from mine driving which would mean me or my husband not drinking but it does seem a nice central location for everyone and is where most of the PR events were this year. If there was a station nearby then would give people the option of driving and not drinking or training and drinking :)

hilaauk

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »
I thought the menu looked good as well and a lot cheaper than Central London.  I won't be drinking - O/H never learnt to drive so no option.  Might be worth booking around 8/9th as Xmas week will be frantic with work dos. 2.3 miles from Oxted - so 5 mins by car, 45 by foot.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:39:32 PM by hilaauk »

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »
Hmph...I have uni right up until a day or two before christmas and won't know my timetable until much nearer the time so knowing my luck I will book it then find out I have uni that day. Unless it's a weekend, no uni at weekend ^.^