Author Topic: Harrietsham Ferret Rescue Ferret Show  (Read 21968 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Harrietsham Ferret Rescue Ferret Show
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »
The Harrietsham Ferret Rescue, Ferret Show is to be held on Saturday 22nd September in the field behind the Rescue.

Further details will be posted nearer the time.

www.harrietshamferretrescue.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:06:00 PM by lazy-ferret »
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

hilaauk

Re: Harrietsham Ferret Rescue Ferret Show
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »
Hope that's August or a year is a lot of warning :)

fiddle

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »
 :laugh:
Thanks Hilary, changed it  :laugh:

Rfloydian

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »
Thought it was 22nd sept? :)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
It is the 22nd of Sept...

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

fiddle

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »
Did I put August? rofl omg its a cyberbug! its catching!

hilaauk

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »
Sorry - I just know it wasn't July :)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
So who is going?

I believe Checking in is 10 to 10:30, so don't get there too late... Adding late comers once the Judging paperwork has been finalised is very difficult and leads to possible mistakes.

A couple of things to not forget,

The show is held in a field which is frequented by many many wild animals, most of whom like to leave their little travelling companions behind as they walk through. This year has been particularly bad for both Fleas and Ticks, which are everywhere at the moment. I would strongly recommend some form of parasite prevention has been applied, and do it a week or more before the show so that their coats get a chance to return to normal.

The Judges are sticklers for claws being too short, so make sure you cut them the week before and give them a chance to grow a bit before the show.

Listen in advance for when your ferrets number will be called, and get them out of their beds a little early, as this gives the ferret a chance to wake up. The Judges do not tend like lethargic ferrets, and this can result in them loosing marks when all they do is lay down on the table when they stand them there to try and look at their stance. (It also speeds up the day a bit)

When you get them out of their cage, make sure there are no bits of bedding stuck to their fur and if necessary, wipe their feet clean, it's amazing how many ferrets drop points because their feet are dirty, or lumps of dirty bedding are stuck to their belly.

If you feel you must clean their ears, then please do this the night before, as cleaning on the day leaves tell tail signs, that the judges will pick up on. An (apparently) naturally clean ear will score better than one that has obviously just been wiped.

If your ferret may dislike other people handling them, let the runner know, so they can tell the judge. As long as it is only nips, the judges will not mark them down, but an unexpected bite may get the ferret disqualified.

Tell the Runner the age of your ferret, the judges like to know, especially when looking at older ferrets. Things like how worn the teeth are can then be taken into account.

In the disabled class, tell the runner why your ferret is disabled.

Our web site

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »
What sort of things can you enter ferrets for? As in what classes? And how much is it? It sounds like fun but I can't find much info on it :D
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

fiddle

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »
this show is a colour class show mel, so your adults would go in the appropriate colour class and Drillbit would go in the kit class :)
The day can be a long one so you may want to bring a chair  :laugh:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 03:41:40 PM »
It's normally about £1 per entry.

As Tina says, you have

All the coloured classes split for Hobs and Jills.

Kits are normally mixed colour, but separate Hob and Jill

Judges favourite

Disabled (Usually split Hobs and Jills.

Pairs (2 identical ferrets)

Our web site

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »
What counts as disabled? I think I will have to bring Lizzie and Drill (the poley girl and kit) because Tally's tummy would get her disqualified straight away and I'd leave Fidget with her for company. Will be weird without my two binos!

If checking in is at 10-1030 does that mean get there before that or actually for then? I assume there is somewhere to park too? I have been to the rescue twice but not seen anywhere to park apart from by the ferrets. Will there be any shade for them?

It sounds so much fun though :) and I look forward to some rabbit stew!
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 06:10:04 PM »
How do you guys stick the fleece to the bottom of your show cages?

fiddle

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
You could still bring Fidget(<-----ment Tally!  :R ), we bring ours for the day out but not everyone enters :) She could possibly enter in the disabled class to as it is a pre-existing condition? can always confirm with Roy :)

Checking in starts 10-10.30 as judging starts usually around 11-12 if things go smooth (usually 12lol)

You drive straight threw the rescue and park in the filed behind, its also the field where the show is held.

Clive has his sewn to fit nicely, im to lazy and just use the edges of the cage bars to hold it in place lol

Think that was everything?

it really is usually a fun day :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:04:07 PM by fiddle »

Jan

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 08:53:18 PM »
  :dook:   :Yippee: :Yippee: :Yippee:   :dook:

:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: