Author Topic: Lost Polecat  (Read 6942 times)

vickyr18

Lost Polecat
« on: April 16, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
HIya ive lost a male polecat Hes got a brown smudge on the top of his nose and he is quite a big boy we lost him on the 21st of march and have been to the RSCPA in bristol and the vets they havent got him
Hopefully he is somewhere but if you live aroud bristol could keep and eye out for him please
his name is lenny and hes a friendly little guy just gets shy when you run up to him so just go down to his level when picking him up

Please let us know if you see him
Thank you so much

Rfloydian

Re: Lost Polecat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
Have you tried second chance rescue where he was handed the last time you lost him?

vickyr18

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
Ive tried ringing and messaging but got no answer and the phone went to voicemail :/
we were thinking just popping down but might be a bit rude

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »
It would be worth checking with Rachel in Brockworth too, they get a lot of ferrets from Bristol, and the Bath cats and Dogs Home.

I had a look at Second Chances website and it hasn't been updated since last year. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to pop round, they will understand how worried you are about your ferret.

vickyr18

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
do you know their address by any chance

geordieferretmum

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
I seem to remember a message on here to say that second chance had closed its doors due to Maria's ill health. Clive might no more? 

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
I seem to remember a message on here to say that second chance had closed its doors due to Maria's ill health. Clive might no more?

I don't k now the story behind it all, but "kellyferret" formerly "fluffykelly" did post up that she is no longer running the Rescue.

http://www.fluffyferretforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1886.0

http://www.fluffyferretforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2363.msg24905#msg24905

Good luck, get the leaflets through peoples doors, and call all the local vets and the local police station, someone might be able to tell you if they have seen him.
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site