Author Topic: Sorry Ladies, Twix has left the building.  (Read 8375 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Sorry Ladies, Twix has left the building.
« on: March 18, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »
Twix… what can I say… A ladies man through and through… He never met a woman he could not charm with his manly ways.

And to be fair, he was a very handsome man...

Twix came to us with Bounty from Harrietsham Ferret Rescue, as friends for Wispa and Flake. He cracked Wispa’s hard shell, and while it was never love at first sight, the two of them had a very tempestuous relationship, where they would be inseparable one day, and throwing each others possessions out the next. When they fell out, Wispa would refuse to let Twix into the cage, and would shout and scream at him, so when she was not looking, he would sneak into the cage, and move all her Nylabones out of their bed, and take them out into the garden and hide them. They acted like an old fashioned married couple, taking each other to bed when either was tired, and then once Wispa was asleep, Twix would sneak out for a night out with the Boys, or pop over to his mum for a sneaky cuddle, but if Wispa woke up and discovered it, he would be in so much trouble, and woe betide Suz, if Wispa found Twix cuddled up to her….

A video of Twix and Wispa. http://youtu.be/6GQIrb1AU18

As many of you will know, who have followed Twix’s tales over the years, he was a bit of a monster to me, and while he was free with his kisses to Suz, with me, he would very occasionally kiss me, usually give me a really nice kiss, followed by a light weight nibble of my chin/nose/cheek/whatever but more often than not, he would just put a paw in my face and push me away.

The one thing that will always stick in my mind, and sums up Twix, is he loved life, and knew how to make everything fun. He was not afraid to look the fool, as long as he made us laugh while doing it.

We are not 100% sure how old Twix was, we think either 5 or 6. A couple of weeks ago, I said to Suz, I could not put my finger on anything specific, but I knew something was wrong. Later that night, we noticed him stumbling a bit. The next day, his tummy had swollen up, and we took him off to the Vets. It seemed his spleen was swollen, and we started medication to resolve this. As this was not working, we went back, and had Blood Tests, and Xrays, and long story short, his Liver and Spleen were chronically enlarged. After talking through the options, we decided to go with a few things, and work on from there. Unfortunately, today, Twix decided that he had spent enough time here, and wanted to go and find his old friends, Bounty and Flake, who have already gone off to the bridge. We already knew that there was not a lot more that could be done medically for him, and we had been told that he was not in pain, so today, when he asked to be cuddled, Suz and I took turns, letting him cuddle up to us. Earlier this afternoon, I was holding him, and Suz asked me if she could have one more cuddle, I passed him over to her, and within 5 mins, Suz was crying, as Twix had just passed in her arms, nice and peacefully.

Sweet Dreams Twix :angel1: :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Humansickle

Re: Sorry Ladies, Twix has left the building.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »
Im so sorry to hear this hope your okay big hugs coming your way
This has all brought tears to me eyes and i can imagine how you would feel right now :(
 :cry:

hilaauk

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
So sorry to hear - thoughts with you, Suz and his fuzzy friends. Dook over the bridge Twix and go and find Flake and Bounty. Hope Wispa is coping alright.

fiddle

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »
 :cry:  :cry:
Words can not really express  :cry:
So sorry guys  :fuzzyhug:

Twix  :adore: I can not believe I will not get any more Twix fixes, you were never mine but your passing has left a massive hole in this heart (daft but actually in tears here  :blushing: )
Love you forever little man Dook on ever happy  :adore:  :angel1:

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne

• About Us
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 08:41:17 PM »
I can't quite beleive it, my cuddler has left  :cry: my eyes are literally hot with tears. He's now beside Bounty in the garden, and hopefully with Bounty and everyone literally  :angel1:

This part is so painful  :cry:, but there are amazing memories of my ladies man also :kiss1:

Jan

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »
So very sorry guys, what a painful time you are having lately, sending hugs  :cry:  :fuzzyhug: :fuzzyhug:

Dook on gorgeous Twix, you will be missed so much by your mum and dad   :adore: Go find Bounty and Flake and dook and play forever  :kiss1:   :angel1:   :kiss1:  xxx
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:23:15 PM by Jan »

whats that smell?

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »
So terribly,terribly sorry to you both,what a fab home he had   :fuzzyhug:

Rfloydian

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:15 AM »
He certainly was a lovely looking fellow  :kiss1:

So very very sorry  :cry:

Sweet dreams Twix  :angel1:

Ferretless

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
We are both really sorry to hear this - Our sincere condolences.

Furbies

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »
So very sorry x

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
Thanks everyone, it is amazing how much these guys hurt, and how hard it is to write up their lives in such a short bit of space.

I was re-reading what I had written, and just in case anyone thought otherwise, that last picture was taken summer of last year, in the caravan, and he is asleep protecting his mum from any ideas I might have, not as the text sort of implies, he is dead in Suz's arms... :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

fiddle

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »
Just thought I would share this
Told Ellie of Twix passing today and her first words (after a wobbly lip ) were ... Are Clive and Suz ok
Even little people understand what it means to loose something so precious  :adore:

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne

• About Us
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »
Aw bless her :adore: :fuzzyhug:

missymo

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
so very sorry clive and suz :fuzzyhug: he was a gorgeous boy sweet dreams twix :angel1:

rora

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 07:43:28 PM »
Blessed Be* Twix...

Love and Hugs Clive and Suz, we love them all but some we love that little bit extra