Author Topic: Update as of 16/02/12  (Read 6779 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Update as of 16/02/12
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
In a report sent by Simon Thomas BVetMed BSc CertVR CertSAO MRCVS from Gatehouse Veterinary Hospital, to the University of Glasgow School of Veterinary Medicine, which can be read here... http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_223016_en.pdf

There were confirmed cases of CD in:-
Wolverhampton,
Dudley,
Halesowen,
Milton Keynes,
Alsager (Cheshire)
Derby.

With further suspected cases in
Bradford,
Leeds,
Blackpool
New Maldon (Surrey)

Remember these are just the cases that were brought to his attention, so by no means an exhaustive list.

The good news is, he says that "Apart from one premises in the West Midlands where the outbreak is smouldering on, there have been no new cases reported amongst the ferret fraternity since the start of December."

Hopefully, this outbreak has run it's coarse this winter, but please consider talking to your vet about having your ferrets vaccinated for the future, as a conservative estimate is that over 300 ferrets died in 2011 because of this preventable disease. Hopefully we will not have to see any more ferrets suffer in an outbreak again at the end of 2012.
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site