Author Topic: CD Wolverhampton  (Read 5306 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
CD Wolverhampton
« on: November 02, 2011, 01:45:04 PM »
Please note, these may not be confirmed, and are for your information only. If you live in these areas, it may be worth checking with your own vet to see what the latest information is.

Posted 02/11/11

Wolverhampton Ferret Rescue (MICHELLE) took in boarders that were house ferrets but had been to Sherwood forest the weekend immediately before they arrived at the rescue for boarding. 

4 Ferrets were tested and diagnosed from swabs with CD, they are still awaiting results from the PMs.  They had 7 days clear then a further outbreak has occurred amongst ferrets that were kept separate to the ones that had had the disease.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:40:31 PM by lazy-ferret »
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: CD Wolverhampton
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:09:59 PM »
Update.

22/11/11

Sadly they have now lost all the ferrets to this horrendous disease and are now empty.

It is believed that the total lost was 105 ferrets., Some of whom were reported to have been vaccinated.

Out thoughts are with Michelle  :fuzzyhug: and we wish the dead Ferrets Happy Hunting at the Rainbow Bridge. :angel1:

There was another occurrence of the disease in Wolverhampton, where 6 ferrets belonging to Hayley Gee were also PTS due to getting Distemper, these had boarded at Wolverhampton and were present when the first infected ferrets arrived at the rescue for only 24 hours.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:35:35 PM by lazy-ferret »
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site