Author Topic: CD Alsager, Cheshire  (Read 5420 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
CD Alsager, Cheshire
« on: November 02, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »
Please note, these may not be confirmed, and are for your information only. If you live in these areas, it may be worth checking with your own vet to see what the latest information is.

Posted 02/11/11

South Cheshire Ferret Rescue (Jules), One or more ferrets came in from Yorkshire, this is how they think the CD arrived at their rescue.  Swab Tests and standard PM have confirmed CD there.  They lost 47 ferrets to start with, 43 of which had  been vaccinated.  They then had 13 days clear BUT have now had a further outbreak.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:41:18 PM by lazy-ferret »
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Re: CD Alsager, Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
Update.

22/11/11

Sadly they have now lost all the ferrets, rescues and their own, to this horrendous disease and are now empty.

It is believed that the total is in excess of 120 Ferrets, many of whom were reported to have been vaccinated.

Out thoughts are with Jules  :fuzzyhug: and we wish the dead Ferrets Happy Hunting at the Rainbow Bridge. :angel1:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site