Author Topic: Harrietsham ferret show  (Read 14678 times)

fiddle

Re: Harrietsham ferret show
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »
I take mine but only enter a few, have a couple of occasional nippers so I have to see what mood they are in on the day lol

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 08:03:05 PM »
Is there a good link about showing ferrets? I have never shown anything before but it could be a laugh :) would mean finding a new carrier for them though because I use a cat basket at the moment and they have only ever been driven 2 or 3 times each. Is there a recommended carrier or portable house?
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

fiddle

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
There is a good link for ideas here
http://www.kentferretclub.co.uk/shows.html

Most of us use indoor rabbit cages as show cages and I believe Roy and Chris (who run Harrietsham rescue) sometimes have one spare you could borrow for the day, maybe a quick phone call to see?

Would be great to see you there  :Yippee:

FerretMonster

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
Cat baskets are good for transporting them.
It's when you get there that the fun starts.
I use fabric dog crates, but ferrets can undo zips but not padlocks!

Fire guards can make a good crate.
Dog crates, but they have to have bars that are no more than about an inch apart, otherwise Houdini-ism can stike!
You can get indoor rabbit/guinea cages. Basically something for them to spend the day (or however long) in.
First show my lot went to they were in a cat basket. They didn't mind, but I felt guilty.

Jan

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »
This is the link to a thread about last year's show. I asked lots of questions as we'd never been to a show before.

http://www.fluffyferretforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=571.0

LOL, you'll have to wade through the usual banter to get to the useful info  :wink3:

Basically, it all takes place in a field, parking one end, gazebos and tables etc the other .There is hot food and drinks available and a there was a tombola last year too where you can win ferrety goodies.

The ferrets cages go on the tables under the gazebos. You have to decide by a certain time which classes you are entering ferrets in and book them all in and pay, so you will need a pound for each ferret per class.

After that bit is out of the way everyone spends the day chatting about ferrets, admiring each other's ferrets, eating (not the ferrets!)  and generally having a laugh.  The classes will be called out during the day, and a 'runner' will take your ferret to the judges after your number is called out.   The trouble is we are so busy gassing we don't hear them half the time.  You can see how seriously we take it, lol. 

At the end of the day results are announced and Caroline wins everything  :laugh:   Then we all go home and our faces ache from laughing so much all day.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:45:32 AM by Jan »

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »
And that just about sums it up perfectly... :laugh: :laugh:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

fiddle

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »
 :laugh: perfect

missymo

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »
just over a week to go, getting excited :ovation:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
Harrietsham Ferret Rescue's address is.

Harrietsham Ferret Rescue
Lenwood
Polhill Lane
Harrietsham
ME17 1LG

From A20 in Harrietsham, turn into Fairboune Lane (Right, if coming from Maidstone Direction, Left from Ashford)
Cross over motorway and Eurostar line, and turn first Right into Polhill Lane.

Polhill lane turns to right, and then sharp Left. The Rescue is straight on at the Sharp Left, through the gate.

Follow Track, which turns sharp Right, and carries on parallel to the motorway to the Rescue. Parking is through the rescue in a field behind.

I have put it onto Google maps
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=212500463396585115467.0004ab1f76187f6acf92d&msa=0

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

whats that smell?

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
Cannot wait to see you all, seems like forever!  :Yippee:

Armygirl2

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:48 PM »
Woo hoo, looking forward to tomorrow!!!!