Author Topic: we said goodbye to V  (Read 4910 times)

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

we said goodbye to V
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:22:16 AM »
As some of you know V was diagnosed with insulinoma a few months ago. He had been doing well on prednisolone. He was obviously old but he enjoyed pottering around, and even had the occasional scamper through the tubes with the others.

On Tuesday morning he passed bloody diarrhoea, I must admit I thought he was going to die there and then but he rallied round and I made an appointment for the vet. He passed two more bloody stools that day and was very lethargic when we got to his appointment. We had a long discussion and decided to give him a couple of days on meds to see if we could get his system to settle.

The poor old man didn't like the meds much but he put up with them, and the Royal Canine I was feeding him to keep his blood sugar and fluid intake up.

Yesterday morning I was quite hopeful, he had a couple of almost normal poohs, and he enjoyed some turkey and I saw him eating kibble.

Work had refused me annual leave and Mark really cannot cope with giving meds so I got V out 7ish for his bedtime dose and he was obviously dying, his breathing was so shallow, but he was comfortable, just sleepy, so I held him until Mark and Maisie got home from karate, then Maisie took over. Sadly I had to leave them and come to work. V died peacefully in his sleep snuggled in bed between mark and Maisie jst before midnight.

He will be much missed, tomorrow, or later today actually,  he will be buried under our new walnut tree, near his original cage mate who died under the wheels of a car when they were just young boys.

Dook on V, running with Twin and young again. Thak you for saving me from having to make your decision for you.

fiddle

Re: we said goodbye to V
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 07:17:27 AM »
Really sorry V has passed  :fuzzyhug:

Dook on happy V  :angel1:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:03 AM »
So sorry Mary :fuzzyhug:

Glad you got a couple of extra days with him at the end there, I can never make my mind up, whether the nasty surprise, or knowing it is coming are the easier deaths to deal with, as either way they hurt so badly, but it is nice to get the chance to lavish hugs and kisses on them in the last few days, and from a guys point of view tell them all those things you just never got round to telling them in normal life.

He had a great life with you, and got the chance to live that great life for several months longer because of your efforts.

:adore: :angel1: Sweet Dreams "V" :angel1: :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

HOPPY91

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Dook on over the bridge V xxxx  Go find my Billy who passed a week ago today.

grub+tucker

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
Im so sorry. Sleep well V. xx  :angel1:

dave1600d

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »
dook on v,,reunited with your old cagemate,,no more pain,,,our thoughts are with you,,, :angel1: :cry:

Rfloydian

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 12:05:12 AM »
So sorry for your loss  :cry:
Dance free V and find those that have gone before  :angel1:

missymo

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »
so sorry for your sad loss mary sweet dreams v :angel1:

Jan

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 03:16:28 PM »
Aww, so very sorry to hear your sad news Mary, Mark and Maisie   :cry: :fuzzyhug: 

Dook on little V, reunited with Twin over the bridge  :kiss1:  :adore:  :angel1:

Furbies

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
So sorry to read this, sleep peacefully V