Author Topic: goodbye my beautiful couragous baby  (Read 16682 times)

Jan

Re: goodbye my beautiful couragous baby
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
That's heartbreaking, so very sorry to hear your sad news  :cry:

Dook on baby Courage  :adore:  :angel1: 

After losing Courage  and hearing that his mother also died, I personally would

not risk getting another kit from the same litter. Do you have any rescues near you, they will be inundated with kits

pretty soon, if not already. 

Rfloydian

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »
Sweet dreams baby boy, sleep peacefully knowing you were well loved   :angel1: :angel1:

Shell

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »
thank you both. well jan, this is exactly the conversation i had with my partner this morning, and i think a rescue is a great idea. and after having a look on the web site, i may even take an older ferret, coz im sure they get over looked all the time. im going to visit the centre nxt week and have a think about whats best to do, got to think of curious as well. i dont know if it will be easier for her to adapt to a kit or an older ferret. but when we went to the ferret show, she was absolutly fine with the other ferrets, but she wasnt at all sure of courage when he first came, i dont think she recognized him as a ferret and was pretty nervous of him. i might ask the rescue if she can come along and see how she gets on with the ferrets there. the only problem with me going to the rescue is ill really struggle to leave ferrets there. i chummed a friend to the cat and dog home last year get her dog, and was heartbroken, cried the whole time, the only reason i dont now have a pack of rescued dogs is becuase i knew i didnt hae the space to give them a decent life here, but ferrets are a different story lol, i may well come home with a car load of furry misfits!

dave1600d

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »
its terrible having ferrets,,,one dies then you feel compelled to fill his/her space with another so on and so on,,,,i only got two but if one dies,,then i think,,,do i need another to keep the remaining one company ,,then it keeps on from there till im dead meself i spose lol,,,

Shell

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »
dave, thats such a depressing way to look at it!!! id prefer to look at it like having flufters in my life makes me happy, and having two makes them happy, so its more happyness all round in every ones lifes, yours and theirs, to always have two ferrets! when i graduate and get a decent sized house with a garden i know ill hvae a whole pack of em! the sound of one ferret dooking makes me so happy, imagine 20 little dookers!

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
dave, thats such a depressing way to look at it!!! id prefer to look at it like having flufters in my life makes me happy, and having two makes them happy, so its more happyness all round in every ones lifes, yours and theirs, to always have two ferrets! when i graduate and get a decent sized house with a garden i know ill hvae a whole pack of em! the sound of one ferret dooking makes me so happy, imagine 20 little dookers!

20.... 20.... 20....

I hope you are kidding... you are now officially insane... :laugh: We have 13... it's a nightmare... Hair all over the place, muddy foot prints, enough poo to fill a bin bag each week.

and what do they give in return... :confused: Nufink... well maybe a little bit, OK, the odd kiss... :laugh: :wink3:

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Shell

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »
i LOVE little muddy paw prints! and i shed pleanty hair myself so i cant complain about that really, the poo i wouldnt miss, but after having a human child, poo isnt as big a deal for me as it used to be, and whiskery kisses in the ear!!! you cant terll me they arent worth a little bit poop duty. oh and that laughing dook, the sound of it just makes me so happy, and when they are so over come with excitment they just go barrelling about, bouncing off everything, like a furry pin ball! i want a big pack of em!!

grub+tucker

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
The woman's officially mad!!
Only joking!!  :laugh:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 10:18:27 PM »
The woman's officially mad!!
Only joking!!  :laugh:

Yep... :laugh: :laugh:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Furbies

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »
Have only caught up with this, so sorry to hear about Courage, at least he felt love and warmth with you and you did not let him suffer.  Keep him in your heart and mind and he will never really leave you or Curious.  As for another ferret, you will not be replacing Courage, just providing a ferret who is in need of love, home and company with just that (especially if you get one from a rescue) and Curious will have someone to keep her company and cuddle up to when you are not around.

Sleep peacefully Courage.

Shell

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 11:59:22 AM »
thank you so much mandy, i will never forget my sweet little boy! iv started painting a huge canvas dedicated to him, its turning out very colourful, so i may call it rainbow bridge.

as for you clive and racheal.... :tongue2:

well it looks like the poor kits are rolling into the rescues already, a man that lives a few miles from me, it isnt an official rescue, but he has space for about 50 ferrets and tries to rescue them and get them healthy and spayed/castrated and rehomed where possible, has already had a litter of 6 week old kits handed in, so im going to take curious to meet them tonight, he also has quite a few older ferrets that are ready to go to forever homes, so im going to meet them all and try figure out what would be best for me and curious! fingers crossed!

Jan

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »
Good luck! Hope Curious finds herself a friend  :laugh:

20???  She's definately mad  :laugh: I'd be tearing my hair out with that many, I can barely cope with 4 of the little trouble makers. You need eyes in the back of your head, your bum and several on your feet to avoid squashing or kicking them, and a head that swivels to see what mischeif they are up to  :laugh: 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:50:04 PM by Jan »

Shell

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 01:26:16 PM »
ill end up like mad cat lady from the simpsons, but with ferrets. either that or ill end up turning ferret myself, scampering about, eating hairy chicking wings and pooping in the corner. as long as i dont try to squeeze myself down one of the play tubes...

rora

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »
ill end up like mad cat lady from the simpsons, but with ferrets. either that or ill end up turning ferret myself, scampering about, eating hairy chicking wings and pooping in the corner. as long as i dont try to squeeze myself down one of the play tubes...

Now THAT I have to SEE  :laugh: :laugh:

Hope Curious chooses a nice friend for you this evening.... :cool:

grub+tucker

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
How did you get on at the rescue?  :dance1: