Author Topic: goodbye my beautiful couragous baby  (Read 16679 times)

Shell

goodbye my beautiful couragous baby
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
as some of you may have read in the help section, i just had the dreadful shock of having the vet tell me that my tiny little boy courage should be put to sleep. i knew i would feel aweful when i had to go through losing a ferret, but i never imagined id feel this bad, and especially after just four days of having him. i had to come and post this right away, becuase i dont really know any other ferret people, and other people just dont understand, in fact the vet told me i should go ask the breeder for a refund as the 'animal wasnt viable', which enraged me to the point of tears.

im so sorry little one, you didnt have a great start to life, and i really thought i was going to give you a fantastic life here with us, i was looking forward to showing you so many things, and giving you happy, carefree life, and you barely got started, RIP my couragous little boy x

Humansickle

Re: goodbye my beautiful couragous baby
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »
This has just brought me to tears
 :cry:

Rest in Peace couragous poor little pumpkin  :angel1:

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
Oh... I am so sorry, that is awful.

Poor little Guy, sounds like there was something deeply seated, that was wrong with the birth, knowing that the mother died as well.

:adore: :angel1: Sweet Dreams Little courage, it was a very short life, but you did have someone who cared for you deeply, so now have fun at the bridge while you wait for her. :angel1: :adore:

I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Offline girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne

• About Us
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »
 :cry: :cry: I am so so sorry, that's devastating.

But Courage lived up to his name in his short time with you, and will live in your heart.  :cry: :adore:

And a fuzzy hug from us  :fuzzyhug:

dave1600d

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »
very sad to hear that,,no life at all really..poor little dooker,,,dont worry,,youle meet him at the bridge;;

Shell

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
he did! he tried so hard! and ill never forget him, no matter how short his little time was.
thnx suz

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »
When you get a chance, and feel up to it, it would be nice to put a couple of his pictures in the first post, so that one day, in the future you can look back and be reminded of how cute he was.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Shell

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
its a nice idea clive, and i deff will.

Shell

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
not lookingforward to waking up tomorrow and not hearing his little voice shouting from his cage, wondering where i am, but you have to look at the good things in life, and knowing that when i wake up my little curious will be either snoozing on my pilow or jumping about my head looking for a chase is something im very grateful for.

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »
Suz and I were saying last night, that no matter how many ferrets we have had, we never forget any that have passed on. Everyone has a unique thing that made them our monsters, but you can't beat having other ferrets around as it really does help keep it all in perspective. Not only that, but in our case one or two take time to be extra special for a few days to help us move along.

Curious will most likely sense your grief, and go into over drive to try and cheer you up. :adore:

Our web site

fiddle

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 09:26:34 PM »
really is so sad he had such a short life, at least he got to be spoilt rotton before his passing  :adore:
Dook on lil Courage  :angel1:

grub+tucker

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »
I'm so very sorry.
Ill be thinking of you. Xxxx
Sleep well courage. Xxxx

Shell

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 10:03:23 PM »
yeah im glad i went out my way to try out all thos different foods. in his short time here he developed a great love of chicken wing, it a good memory, him with his little arms wrapped around a wing almost as big as him trying to knaw it with his tiny teeth, im glad that he had some happyness in his short time. 

do you have any thoughts on another kit fron the same litter?

Shell

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
and she has been already clive, acting more rediculous than normal, had a great carry on helping me change my bed sheets earlier, and i had to laugh. but when i was cleaning out courages cage and putting all his little toys away, she was so good, she sat and watched and didnt try to get in amongst it all and make a big mess, which is what you would expct any ferret to do, and iv had a good grooming of the eye brows earlier too. she is such a good little thing. she was getting better with courage too, thats another sad factor too it, im sure they would have been great friends given time. even when he mouthed her a bit this morning she didnt put a single tooth on him.

rora

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:54 AM »
[BIG BIG HUGS] Shell!

He had the best 4 days of his little life and knew he was truly, deeply loved.

Blessed Be* Courage.