Author Topic: Podo  (Read 5324 times)

rora

Podo
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »
Our darling Podo passed away last night in his sleep.

He had been slowly fading in front of our eyes since Wednesday but wasn't in pain so we decided to let him stay at home without further interference on our part.
It was the best decision for him, he simply fell asleep curled up in his favourite bed and then went over the Bridge to join his brother and partner in crime, Kodo. Fridges will be raided over there tonight!

We "fostered" Podo and his brother, Kodo, for a whole week before Bob surrendered to the inevitable (and carefully planned out by Claire and I) and adopted them as "his Boys".. and we never had a single quiet moment after that. They knew how to riot and were damned good at it! YThey hated other ferrets with a passion and worked as a team to show their dominance. As a tiny kit Missy was unceremoniously taken by the pair (one had her scruff they other her ass) and dumped outside the kitchen door and when they came back inside it was like "job done" was written all over their faces!

When we lost Kodo a couple of years ago we thought Podo would follow soon after (they both had adrenal disease and had about 4 implants over their lifetimes as 'palliative' and highly effective care - Kodo was one of the first in the country to have the implant in this way) but he adapted really well to being a single, totally spoiled, boy and seemed at one point that he was going to live forever - just for spite!

It was because of this stunning pair (Podo won Best in Show at the BFFW in 2008) that we had to put childlocks ON THE FRIDGE (Rosie had already shown us we needed them on the kitchen cabinets) as they truly lived up to my chant of "a pretty face hides a criminal mind"! The never to be forgotten night of the Great Mushroom Raid is held high in ferret legend. Portobello Mushrooms and margerine all over the kitchen floor. Very Fetching. (This was closely followed by the other group competing with the "Day of the Strawberry Punnet" which made the kitchen look like the set of a Quentin Tarantino film).

Blessed Be* my sweet, sweet boy (well you never bit me although you made Dad shed a lot of blood!).. The last of the "originals"....

Online girly-lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • You can't ferret proof your heart.
    • First name: Suzanne
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• About Us
Re: Podo
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »
So sorry Rora, Sweet dreams Podo  :angel1:

Rfloydian

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »
So very sorry Dawn :'(
Sweet dreams Podo, go find your brother and friends gone before  :angel1:

Online lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive

• The Lazy Ferret
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »
So sorry Dawn, there is something extra special, regardless of how monstrous they are, about the "originals".  :fuzzyhug:

They are the ones that taught the newbie ferret owner just what they could get up to. All the ones that follow never manage to get away with the same things as you know more what to expect once the first ones have done it, and take counter precautions.

Sweet dreams Podo, your job here has been done, and I guess you decided you had taught Dawn all you could about being owned by a ferret, time to start on the Bridge now... :angel1: :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

hilaauk

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 04:11:39 PM »
So sorry - Dook on Podo over to the bridge to see Kodo and raise mayham.

fiddle

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
aww so sorry  :fuzzyhug:

Dook on forever causing mayhem Podo  :angel1:

Jan

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 05:08:19 PM »

So sorry to hear this Dawn, but glad he had a peaceful passing and lived to a ripe old age. Sending love and hugs for you & Bob   :fuzzyhug:

Dook on darling Podo, look out bridge the team is reunited!    :angel1:  :adore: :adore:   :angel1:  xxx

Offline wilbur

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
    • First name: Mary

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 07:44:14 PM »
sorry to hear about Podo, dook on little one.

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
Sweet dreams Podo xxx
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

solsticedreamer

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
run free and dook on over the bridge podo xoxo

missymo

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »
so sorry dawn :fuzzyhug: sweet dreams darling podo :angel1: