Author Topic: Sweet Dreams Bob  (Read 5187 times)

Offline lazy-ferret

• Administrator
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Surrounded by Blondes.. I must be in Heaven.
    • First name: Clive
    • Ferret Club: KFC

• The Lazy Ferret
Sweet Dreams Bob
« on: July 18, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
We are very lucky, as over the years of doing the boarding, we have had the honour to meet many lovely people and even more lovely ferrets. Sometimes though, certain people and some ferrets seem to really stick in your mind as being even more special.

Back in 2008 we got an email asking us to look after 2 rescue ferrets while their new owners went on holiday. On the day they were dropped off by their doting mum, we met Bob and Jenny for the first time. Bob, a beautiful big beenie boy, and Jenny a sweet little poley jill. As she dropped them off, she warned me that Jenny was an escape artist.

After she left, I let them out for a run, where Bob proceeded to open the cupboard under the stairs, which no other ferret had ever done, he then progressed to removing the contents of one of the welsh dressers, and while I was cleaning up that mess, did the same to the kitchen cupboards. By the time Suz got home from work, every door and draw in the house was barricaded shut, or had cable ties round the handles to keep him out. I even had to use insulation tape to keep the fridge shut.

When Fiona came to pick them up, she brought her husband, a Rabbi with her. I told her that Jenny had been no problem but Bob was a menace, but it felt bad telling tales on Bob to his dad.

Over the years we had them many times, and had some lovely stories of things between the ferrets and the Rabbi. Suz would always know when they were here, as we could not get into any draws, cupboards or the fridge for the duration of their stay.

We were due to have them again next week, so I was busy digging out all the security gear and making sure it was all ready to go, but we got a call last night to say that Bob had a tumour, and they had taken him to the vets as he was "not right", and the vet had said it was best to put Bob to sleep.

You all know my love of the Beenie boys, and Bob was no exception, a big fluffy boy, who loved a cuddle one minute, and to be breaking into the cupboards the next.

Sweet Dreams Bob, I know your real mum and dad will miss you, but I just want you to know that we will miss your ways as well. :angel1:

Bob, after digging to China in the garden, getting caught red handed trying to grab a snack from the fridge.

Bob, butter would not melt in his mouth.... yeah right... :adore:
I ferret proofed my house... but they still keep getting in

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals.....  Except the weasel....(Homer J Simpson)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Oh, see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret. - Warehouse 13

Our web site

Rfloydian

Re: Sweet Dreams Bob
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
Sweet dreams Bob  :angel1:
You were a handsome boy, go find all the others gone before you  :kiss1:

geordieferretmum

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
Dook on over the bridge Bob to where the cupboards and fridge are open. :angel1:

hilaauk

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
So sorry - dance on little boy and open all the angel's cupboards. They won't mind.

Jan

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:19:25 PM »

So sorry, you guys have so many extra ferrets in your lives to break your heart when they go  :fuzzyhug:

Dook on gorgeous cupboard raiding Bob  :angel1:  :kiss1:

solsticedreamer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
 :fuzzyhug: sorry to hear this

run free over the bridge bob where all cupboards are open xoxox

Offline darkqueenenlightened

• Fluffy Member
  • Alpha Ferret
  • Is NOT allowed another ferret...is NOT allowed...
    • First name: Mel
    • Ferret Club: KFC

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »
What a handsome lad, go impress the girls over the bridge and dig yourself a nice big hole to stash all your favourite things in xxx
Xx Owned by the lovely Cadbury, Nyx, Mako, Boston, Gadget and Pedro.  Keep on dancing Snuggles, Fuz, Chaz, Oliver, Tali, Fidget, Pixie, Drill, Lizzie, Tank, Jack, Dust, Romeo, Zeph, Apollo, Hjuki, Alaska, Sparks and Roo xX

fiddle

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 08:35:23 AM »
Dook on forever happy Bob  :kiss1: Sounds like you lived life to the fullest  :kiss1:

missymo

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »
so sorry clive and suz :fuzzyhug:sweet dreams little bob :angel1:

rora

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »
Blessed Be* Bob